INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVDs--Importing & Interlaced?  (Read 729 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
DVDs--Importing & Interlaced?
« on: December 19, 2006, 09:39:21 pm »

Once I have my DVDs backed up under the convention of DVD Backups\Movie Title\*files.vob,etc*  how do I import them into Media Center?  Does it automatically pick them up since they are under my watched folder?  How will they show up?  Is there a better way to store the movies?

Also, I thought DVDs were 480p as in progressive scan.  On computer monitors, they obviously are interlaced.  I have to use Video Lan's deinterlacing to make them look good.

How can I create a quick way to watch a specific episode of a show on a DVD?  Basically, the TV on DVDs discs are a pain because it's tough to remember which disc a specific episode is on, let alone the season....

benn600

Re: DVDs--Importing & Interlaced?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 10:02:04 pm »

Should I split the files by the GB or leave the big portion of each DVD as one big file.  This DVD here yields a 4GB (single) file or, obviously, about 4 single files.

benn600

Re: DVDs--Importing & Interlaced?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 10:21:35 pm »

I tried the don't split files option and Media Center did pick up all the files with ease but they seem to be meaningless because the menu keeps showing up if I click on any file but it doesn't work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up