INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 12.0.130 beta - CUE file playing problem  (Read 1071 times)

maruf_65

• Recent member
  • its all coming back to me
MC 12.0.130 beta - CUE file playing problem
« on: December 19, 2006, 05:06:41 am »

Hi
First of all hope every1 is well

I'm testing the MC 12.0.130 but i am having problem in playing CUE file. its prev release (mostly 12.0.117) can do it without any problem. but i dont understand why the latest build cant play the CUE. For notice, I've the mp3 and the cue file with same name + the mp3 file name in cue is also correct. so where's the problem

----------------------
Just a note - Well can anyone give me suggestion on how to organize the compilation ie suppose an artist mixed couple of tracks -- he is the album artist and artist of the tracks (used in compilation) are original artist. but how can do it in MC. I tried to do it with "Album Artist" but it does not match with Winamp or Windows Media Player. I've found that what MC does is -- it add an another comment field named "Album Artist". Can u plz make same "Album Artist" with Winamp and Media Player. I hope u'll consider this.

---------------------
The thing I like most about MC 12 is the new theater view. this is really cool.

*****I wish there'd be some option to customize the preview mode. I've already said about it,

*****Anyway I wish MC 12 will be better . I want more feature in it. no just making a new skin in new version.

*****just an idea --> there can be a feature which will announch the starting of a track or upcoming track---like radio  u know what i mean

---------------
Oh i forgot to mention another thing. in theather view (suppose in normal font size) i can see 10 songs. but the view does not update that is after playing all 10 songs in current view, it does not update the view (sorry for my bad eng, i dont know whether u understand what i mean to say)

**** there can be a playlist/auto playlist like i-tunes' party shuffle

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re: MC 12.0.130 beta - CUE file playing problem
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 04:18:25 pm »

v12.0120 is the latest version that will play your new .cue files.  After you add your new .cue files you can then install the latest version of MC and your set.  However, I'm always adding new cue files, so i've been stuck in v12.120 for a while.  I've posted my problem several times, but no reply. 

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 05:45:07 pm »

v12.0120 is the latest version that will play your new .cue files.  After you add your new .cue files you can then install the latest version of MC and your set.  However, I'm always adding new cue files, so i've been stuck in v12.120 for a while.  I've posted my problem several times, but no reply.

Looks like you are correct. MC does not does not display cue tracks at all when a new cue file is dragged into Playing Now. I thought that the cue problems were fixed for good a couple of moths ago, but obviously something has changed since then.

Just a note - Well can anyone give me suggestion on how to organize the compilation ie suppose an artist mixed couple of tracks -- he is the album artist and artist of the tracks (used in compilation) are original artist. but how can do it in MC. I tried to do it with "Album Artist" but it does not match with Winamp or Windows Media Player. I've found that what MC does is -- it add an another comment field named "Album Artist". Can u plz make same "Album Artist" with Winamp and Media Player. I hope u'll consider this.

I would say that WMP and Winamp do not match with MC because JRiver was the first. :)

For some reason MS decided to use the Band/Orchestra tag for Album Artist in the lack of an ID3v2 standard for Album Artist. Apple and Nullsoft followed this approach recently. A third standard is used by foobar. It uses a TXXX comment named "Album Artist" (with MP3 files). Also foobar used its own system before WMP, iTunes and Winamp. So there are at least three ways to tag "Album Artist".

Personally, I have used the Band tag for years for the actual band or orchestra name in case it is different from the track artist. Usually this is not the same as the Album Artist.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 09:56:57 am »

CUE import will be fixed next build.

Thanks for letting us know.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up