INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming files on sync?  (Read 2325 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Renaming files on sync?
« on: October 26, 2006, 12:06:44 am »

Can I manually set a naming convention for syncing files?  Under the Files & Paths, I know I can set the folders: Media\[Album\  but I don't know of a way to set the file convention.  Can I simply add after the slash?  I tried this a way or two and it always converted it back as if the file was a folder by adding a final slash.

The reason I want to do this is because I have it setup to copy all the applicable Folder.jpg files to my portable.  The problem is that since they are all named Folder.jpg, it gets worried and won't let me continue without removing duplicates (all the Folder.jpg's except one).  I know it would succeed, though, because the variable [Album] is added to the image path and I made sure to set the Album field in all the Folder.jpg files.  I really want to get past this issue because I never had this problem in MC 11.1.

benn600

Re: Renaming files on sync?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 09:17:46 am »

I renamed all the Folder.jpg files to their [Album].jpg name but I still get the error.  Notice how one cover art piece shows up in the list and then it tells me I absolutely have to remove everything else.  This is not syncing any music at the moment.  It's a test case.  Here is a screenshot of the error I get:

benn600

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 01:02:39 am »

Notice I have the new Extreme edition Sansa.  It has 1,863 GB of free space.

Any ideas?  Bump.

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 03:18:28 pm »

There is no way the set the naming convention for transfer files. But that would be a bandaid for the real problem anyway. We'll look into it...

SwellGuy

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 03:34:49 pm »

Have you tried leaving the cover art out of the synchronization? Does MC then create the album art when synchronizing?

benn600

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 08:48:44 pm »

Leaving the folder.jpg files out of the playlist does not help matters.  I am able to sync with no problem but the cover art does not copy.  I crafted the playlist to take my top rated songs and duplicates of those albums and the associated album folder.jpg file.  I just want cover art to be synced--and resized to 320x240 which is built in for image syncing so if my playlist could sync, everything would work perfectly because it would automatically resize to save space.

benn600

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 09:14:42 pm »

Perhaps MC doesn't know the format the Sansa expects for cover art?  It seems to know the iPod format and it handles it without trouble.  I have found that the Sansa is very forgiving.  It will accept an image as long as it is a jpg file and it will apply it to all files in the same folder.  It even downsized my 1200x1200 images...although it added an extra 5 seconds to starting a song.
Pages: [1]   Go Up