INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating Duplicate Library  (Read 821 times)

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
Updating Duplicate Library
« on: December 27, 2006, 08:03:09 am »

I burn everything lossless then convert to mp3 moving it to a new folder and creating a new library for use in various devices.

What’s the best way as I burn new albums to update my converted music library?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Updating Duplicate Library
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 08:34:10 am »

I assume you mean 'rip' (getting data from CD/DVD) instead of 'burn' (writing data to CD/DVD).

Personally, the 'best' way is to only have one library with MC12 and use the new handheld cache feature.  It takes a little longer the first time it writes a file to a device, but no messing with different libraries.

I keep my files as Ape lossless.
For my iPod(s) I use mp3.
The first time a file syncs across, MC converts the file to mp3 and stores the mp3 in the cache directory.
From then on, that file just syncs from the cache if it needs to get re-added to that (or another) device.

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 11:08:06 am »

Yea I did mean rip, I was out of coffee this mourning. Oh and happy holidays to you.

I’ve already converted 260gb of .ape files to extreme quality VBR mp3’s. My car stereo plays mp3 DVD’s so I mostly use them to burn DVD compilations in Nero since MC12 doesn’t do music DVD’s YET ;D, so I need the files to be accessible to Nero.

However MC does do mp3 CD’s quite nicely and maybe soon DVD’s ;D so I wanted to create a separate library for that. I suppose I could just rip new CD’s twice switching libraries, it really doesn’t take that much longer than conversion, just more wear on my burner, especially converting to extreme quality VBR.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 01:02:45 pm »

Using 12.0.130, I have the option to create:
Audio CD (this is a cd full of wav files that will play in a standard cd player).
Data CD/DVD (this is a cd/dvd full of mp3/etc).

You should be able to do what you need with the latest version of 12.x unless I am missing something (haven't actually tried it myself).

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 04:26:09 pm »

Burning a data DVD in MC12 at present just puts the files on the disk not the Artist\Album sub folders witch is needed for a DVD player to see all the files.

Also in MC11 the “move disk file” command moved the files and sub folders, MC12 only moves the files. I wonder if this is related?
Pages: [1]   Go Up