INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quiet (Night) Mode  (Read 1291 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Quiet (Night) Mode
« on: December 29, 2006, 01:12:04 am »

Please add a feature named something like Night Mode or Quiet Mode to the DSP studio which would simply have some predefined settings, checkboxes, or even drop downs for Low, Medium, High...have Base Reduction: Low, Medium, High; Midrange Boost: Low, Medium, High; Overall volume lowering: Low, Medium, High (just quiets music more because I don't adjust my speakers, I only adjust computer volume and when I get to 1%, it's still too loud...so I want it to be reduced.

What else helps when playing music late so it doesn't carry and wake others up?  I figure the lower frequencies need to be lowered and the higher freqs can be raised...and the volume lowering gives users more control at those lower volumes.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Quiet (Night) Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 06:41:26 pm »

What else helps when playing music late so it doesn't carry and wake others up? 

Headphones?  :-\
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 09:48:12 pm »

We've had that option since the beginning.  Let's innovate a bit?

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 10:29:51 pm »

benn--

How innovative are you prepared to be?  It's true that MC doesn't have pre-defined settings for "evening" mode.  However, MC has a feature that will let you impliment this flawlessly, with complete customization.

Use zones to accomplish this.  Save off your current settings as your daylight zone, and then create a second, "evening" zone with the muted settings you're talking about.

Most people can't get over the idea of "zones" as different rooms in their house. To me, a "zone" can be differentiated not just spatially ( a location), or temporally (that stupid delay thing that makes no sense to anyone short of Stephen Hawking), but qualitatively (that "ively" I'm applying to the variance in DSP or output settings).  Resorting to plain English, try messing with it.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 09:31:47 pm »

Most people can't get over the idea of "zones" as different rooms in their house.

Good idea.  I was trapped into thinking of zones too restrictively. I'll play around with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up