INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcasts constantly redownloading.  (Read 742 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Podcasts constantly redownloading.
« on: December 30, 2006, 02:45:01 pm »

I have had an ongoing issue for the last couple of weeks of MC not wanting to 'let go' of some podcasts.  Not sure exactly what version it started with, but still having it with .130.
I will listen to/view the content and delete it. 
Next thing I know, MC re-downloads it.
I delete it again.
Within a few minutes, it starts downloading again.  Sometimes as SOON as I delete the entry it pops back up and starts downloading before I even leave the feed screen.
This doesn't happen with any single feed, and sometimes happens with several feeds at a time.  My only 'fix' is to stop all automatic downloading and go back to manually pulling the files (which is a pain with over 20 feeds currently set up).
The 'last updated' information for the feed has not changed and it can happen to multiple feeds at a time.

One thing I have noticed is when this DOES happen - the files in question are also trying to sync to my iPod. The filename shows as the http link to the file online, and the status shows as 'file not supported'.  After I turn off automatic download I get the following:
In the feed the file that I have deleted (multiple times by now): Episode status of 'Download Diabled'
In the iPod sync screen the file shows as described above.  It wants to sync this file that does not currently exist on my system.

Shutting down/restarting MC does not fix this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up