INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver marketing  (Read 1119 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver marketing
« on: December 30, 2006, 06:44:04 pm »

Given that JRiver MC is by far the best media manager, I do not understand why we do not see MC mentioned more frequently in the press.

I read a lot of computer magazines/web sites and rarely see MC mentioned. Most recently Computer Power User (Jan 07) recommended MediaMonkey as the best media manager they have seen.

I had not heard of MediaMonkey so I went and had a look. Although probably better than most, it is a crap compared to MC.

I suspect JRiver could sell a heck of a lot more product if more people were aware of it. I would start by targeting press that goes after the more sophisticated users, like Computer Power User and Tom's Hardware.

Just my $0.02 based on a desire to see JRiver be healthy and continue to improve a fantastic product.

lOth

Re: JRiver marketing
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 06:45:50 pm »

I recommend posting a digg story each time a new beta is out :D

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 10:14:25 pm »

I've thought the same thing for a long time.  How many copies of MC are sold I wonder?

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 10:41:38 pm »

Most (all?) people I talk to have never heard of JRiver Media Center. My guess is that JRiver does not have a marketing department/person. However, this may be just as well. If JRiver Media Center were to become popular and well known it would probably be swallowed up by Microsoft never to be heard from again.

edladner

• World Citizen
  • The diet worked
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 12:23:01 am »

There are over 15,000 members to this forum.  I bet that is a drop in the bucket compared to sales.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 09:19:38 am »

They have marketing...their entire web site is high class and definitely marketing materials.  I find people now and again who have heard of Media Center.  Particularly my cousin who had heard of it but he's like me--always surfing around--I remember him saying he didn't want to use MC because it crashed too much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up