INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Mounting CD/DVD images from MC  (Read 1794 times)

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Feature request: Mounting CD/DVD images from MC
« on: January 04, 2007, 06:23:31 am »

I lately figured that with cheap storage it makes a lot of sense to just store ISO images of most of my DVDs on harddrive.
The problem is that I can't mount them from MC (particularly theater view). I have to use some third party application for that.
I wonder if mounting ISO (and other) images would worth making it MC feature.

Best
Alex

horse

• World Citizen
Re: Feature request: Mounting CD/DVD images from MC
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 07:03:52 pm »

Alex,

Would like to see this too, there was another thread on this however I think at the end of it they where trying something else.
I have many ISO's stored on hard disks so the PC's in the kids rooms can access them without the risk of scratching / lossing DVD's.
Today they are in a windows share and I have daemon tools setup with daemon scripts so they just click on an icon on ther desktop to load the remote iso image into the virtual dvd dive.

I would love to have the DVD images added to the library with the details etc.. When I click "play" it mounts the .iso image into the virtual dive and play it as if it was a mpeg file.

Not sure how well that would work with the libray server and streaming :-)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 12:43:13 am »

I wonder if mounting ISO (and other) images would worth making it MC feature.

You can't mount it using MC. But, you can import the .iso files in MC library. And, you can set up your system so that when you double click on the .iso file in  MC library, it is mounted and MC starts playing that DVD automatically. You can achieve this by doing:

• First, download and install Virtual clone Drive software - it is free.
  • Next enable shell integration feature of virtual clone drive (I don't remember if it is turned on by default or not).
  • Next, open the folder that contains the .iso file in Windows Explorer. Make sure that when you double-click on .iso file it is mounted on your virtual drive
  • Now, drag and drop the .iso file or the folder that contains .iso files to MC window. MC will import all the .iso files in its library
  • These .iso files are visible under Documents in MC. Double click on the .iso file inside MC. This should mount the file on the virtual drive. You can set-up MC to start playing DVD automatically  in full-screen mode (Display View) when DVD is inserted. If you have setup MC this way, DVD should also start playing in full-screen mode when you double click the .iso file inside MC.

Osho

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 02:00:00 pm »

Osho, Thanks for the information. This is the kind of functionality I was looking for. Was not aware it was possible. Will have a play around when I have some time I try it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up