INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual monitor bug and feature request  (Read 1154 times)

juggler

• Junior Woodchuck
Dual monitor bug and feature request
« on: January 01, 2007, 01:53:40 pm »

If MC12 is maximised on display 2 (which is the norm for me) and I double-click an image to view it, the window is minimised and there is no full screen view of the image, which is the default if MC is on display 1 (that is, I cannot see MC or the image at all, except in the XP taskbar). This seems a bug to me.

I'd also like to see some more options around detaching/maximising the display in this scenario. My preference is to have the viewing window detached and maximised on display 1 and MC main window maximised on display 2. I currently have to set this up each time I want to start a slideshow.

Cheers, Alfie.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dual monitor bug and feature request
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 02:28:25 pm »

The current 'unified view' philosophy just doesn't work well for those of us multi-monitor users.  I would like to see the ability to tell MC to normally launch video or full screen display to my second monitor as a full screen detached view, then close the detached display when playback stops.  This was possible with 11.x, but not with 12.x.

With MC12 it entails:
1) Launch the video and wait for it to start.
2) Detach the display.
3) Stop the Video.
4) Re-attach the detached display.

With MC11 it was just: Launch the video, Stop the video.

juggler

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 04:16:59 pm »

For me fixing the bug is the most important, because when my partner is using MC the existing default would be good enough, which is to launch a full screen window over the top of the main MC window.

When I'm using MC, I like to have the slide show on a different display so I can still browse and play music. So I agree that a config option to deploy a full-screen detached view to the 'other' monitor would be great.

Alfie.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 06:13:56 pm »

For me fixing the bug is the most important, because when my partner is using MC the existing default would be good enough, which is to launch a full screen window over the top of the main MC window.

i agree that it is a bug. to get the default, launching full screen over mc, set the display options to nearest monitor.

for dual monitor it would be nice if the detached display would be easier to open. so both monitors can be used at the same time. an mcc command and/or shortcut would be nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up