INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I lost my "blue/yellow" library icons...  (Read 950 times)

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
I lost my "blue/yellow" library icons...
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:29:35 pm »

As a registered MC11 user, I installed MC12 5 days ago. Looks like a GREAT JOB once again! I had always thought I would be happy for quite some time with MC11. But seeing the improvements in MC12, I'm not so sure.... looks like I'll have to spend another 20 bucks for an upgrade..... :) :) :)

I do have a (maybe stupid) question though: Since a few days I lost the icons in front of the lines in the content pane of my Audio library. You know - the blue ones for already imported files, and yellow ones for new files. I am unable to find where to re-enable them! I HAD them after installing MC12, but may have lost them while experimenting.....

Hope there is a simple solution because I'm used to them.... (Useful for finding "new" / "not-listened-to" music).

TIA!
Steef.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: I lost my "blue/yellow" library icons...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 04:45:08 pm »

MC12 allows for 3 different types of thumbnails, all called "Image<x>".  "Image (Small Icon)" is what you're looking for, I believe, and if the column is missing from your default view you can bring it in via "view settings/customize current view". 

You can also show the column "Image (Small Thumbail)", which some of us who were in on the development process like to call "Alexicons".  These are incredibly tiny representations of your album art and serve no purpose on the planet other than to visually stimulate bored folk like myself. 

In addition to all the new features JimH posted for MC12, there are a fair number of "stealth" features having to do with flexibility and ease of use of the search panes.  Pretty much each new version of 12 brings in one or two more little enhancements that the Mad Scientists dreamed up.

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 06:19:28 pm »

GREAT!!! THAT did the trick....

Just got them back by selecting the "small icons" column..... I think this works differently from MC11 - In MC12 they are in a separate column, in MC11 they were part of the first column in the content pane (whichever that column was...). That's why I didn't find them...

Still checking out some of the new options... Like I said - a job well done! Like with every (pre- / beta-) release I've downloaded, I didn't run into a big bug yet.... But then - I'm not the most thorough tester....

Thanks a lot for enlightening me!
Steef

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 02:46:01 am »

There were some heated discussions during early beta about the icons. Originally in MC12 they were replaced  with the tiny cover art, (the play arrow  was also removed), but finally we were granted the option to  have eithher or both.

I use both, the icon in the leftmost column and the thumbnail just before the album title column, (you can see immediately if the artis missing - about the only practical use for the micro thumbnail in details view).
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up