INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12.0.130 crashes on Analyze Audio  (Read 1243 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
MC12.0.130 crashes on Analyze Audio
« on: December 28, 2006, 12:05:35 am »

I opened a library of many thousands of songs with a few that hadn't previously been "leveled". But I wasn't sure which ones, so I ran Analyze Audio on the entire library, telling to skip analyzed songs.

MC found about 380 that needed analyzing. But after about 100, it crashed. All I had on my screen was a pure white "empty" Analyze Audio window, within a pure white "empty" MC window. I had to force MC to close. After a PC reboot, tried again, got through a few more songs, then crashed exactly the same.

I don't suspect hardware. On this same PC with MC11 I've run Analyze Audio on the entire large library without problem.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
Re: MC12.0.130 crashes on Analyze Audio
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 01:31:02 am »

Bonjour !

Yes, Analyse Audio crashes my MC12 too, I Confirm it !!!!

Sorry.

modelmaker

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 04:54:30 am »

It doesn't crash on me.

"Analyzing" crashes often occur due to illegal characters in the filename or corrupted files.

Try using the un-analyzed files Smartlist instead of putting the whole library in the que. Turn on logging (Options), that should help find the offending file(s).
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 07:59:37 am »

What file types are you analyzing?  It could be a bad input plugin / DirectShow filter.

If you can find a file that causes problems, please send it to matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 08:41:43 am »

Matt, these are the issues I was seeing some months ago, when jriver was certain that Space Aliens were causing it for me.  I would note that the issue MOSTLY went away, but 2 or 3 CD's just never analyzed.  I looked closer at them and MC showed their bitrate as 1412, not 1411.

MusicHawk

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 07:43:46 pm »

Try using the un-analyzed files Smartlist instead of putting the whole library in the que. Turn on logging (Options), that should help find the offending file(s).

I don't find a smartlist that does this. Is one built-in somewhere?

I just created smartlist "Needs audio analysis", and it found 223 files to analyze. Reviewing the list, I found a bunch of .wav, .ra and .au files, and removed them. They might be the problem, but if so, I think MC should avoid inappropriate files rather than let them crash MC.

I was able to analyze the remaining .mp3 files without a crash.

However, 5 .mp3 files resist analysis. MC doesn't crash, it just says "Done" but then re-queues the same files, and won't remove them from the "Needs audio analysis" smartlist -- I don't know why. These files play OK.

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 02:39:37 am »

Bonjour !

For me, there are 2 files who crashed MC12.130, and crash today MC12.139 !

=> Wma with "Chanels=6"
=> Ac3 with "Chanels=6"

Thanks...

Jean-Marc
Pages: [1]   Go Up