INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Directshow Profiles....  (Read 1020 times)

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Directshow Profiles....
« on: January 06, 2007, 12:28:18 am »

Is it possible to save the splitter/decoder combinations we set up?

I ask because I'm going nuts trying to setup directshow settings for various filetypes. I setup them up, change them, stuff them up, can never seem to get to work quite how it was 5 minutes ago... And I could SWEAR that its was setup exactly *this* way when it was working...

It would also ease the pain of setting things up across a number of machines.

While we're at it, anyone want to nominate their preferred ac3 and dts splitters/decoder setups?  :)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Directshow Profiles....
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 02:41:17 am »

Hi confishy - to me this is one of the unique featuers of MC - allowing user selectable mix and match filters.  I am very happy with the following combo (currently running as we speak for MPG files!)
- Nero File Source (Async) - manually selected under "Source Filter"
- Nero Splitter - manually selected under "Other Filter"
- NVIDIA Video Decoder - manually selectedunder "Other Filter"
- FFDSHOW Audio Decoder - gets automatically selected

You need to have Nero on your system to get the Nero Splitter (this is a great splitter as it is one of the only ones that will support a DTS pin out from a MPG Container).  FFDSHOW is set up to output DTS and DD over S/PDIF to my Yami Amp.  I am also very impressed with the NVIDIA Video Decoder with H'W Acceleration turned on (I have a lowly NVIDIA based 6200TC outputing over DVI to an HDMI input on the Yami Amp).  This is the smothest (but not perfect) video I've got yet and the Aspect Ratio is always correct (which can not be said from many of the other combo's I tried).  I've left the default "let direct draw chose" except for MPG file that I selected above. 

I need to play more with options for DV-Type 1 and Type 2 in AVI containers (Camcorder Output) as I get some tearing on these but it could be the 6200TC is struggling with the throughput of 25MBS that DV uses.

Hope it helps
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Directshow Profiles....
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 04:33:05 pm »

I also keep struggling with the directshow filters. Just cant get them to playback mp4 videos encoded with Nero, even so I have asked MC12 to use the Nero filters, it keeps asking me to download Quicktime when I try to play back.....

B
Pages: [1]   Go Up