INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win TV Primio  (Read 1241 times)

dannykay

Win TV Primio
« on: September 02, 2002, 01:05:18 pm »

I am using Win2K OS with WinTV Primio PCI tuner card and can't access it in Media Jukebox. I get the error message 'Failed to access TV tuner' when trying to scan channels. I have tried downloading the latest WDM driver and this creates the error message 'Failed to open TV' and now when I open WinTV 2000 it restarts the computer. As this driver (WDM) is not on the UK driver page I presume it is incompatible. Can someone help?

YOUR NAME

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Win TV Primio
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 01:42:49 pm »

dannykay

i don't think MJ supports that TV card yet.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Yaobing

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2002, 05:49:08 am »

Is this card a new type sold in Europe only? I had hard time finding information from Haupauge web site. Try uninstall the WDM driver and reinstall what came with the card. Then, instead of trying ScanChannels, try maually add a known channel and play it.

Let us know what you get. Thanks.

dannykay

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2002, 06:31:40 am »

I have tried reinstalling the driver that came with the board and still the same error.
I have tried adding channels manually and still the same error.
I have now realised that the rebooting of the computer when I click to open WinTV 2000 only occurrs after attempting to access the tuner in Mediajukebox as well. If from a clean boot I don't open the jukebox and straight away try to open WinTV it works fine.

The Primio card does only seem to be sold in Europe but uses the same drivers as WinTV Go. Try the UK Hauppauge site for info.

Sergio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2002, 07:33:50 am »

I think it's the same as mine, Hauppauge WinTV Primio FM. It works fine here...

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.356
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Celeron 450 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 39 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Hope you get that fixed
Sérgio Gomes

Yaobing

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2002, 01:14:12 pm »

Which version of MJ are you using?

"Failed to access TV tuner" error during ScanChannels, or during play, usually indicates that you have a VfW driver. With the latest MJ8 release, playing will ignore the error and plays whatever channel that your WinTV2000 program last tuned to. Is this what you got?

MJ TV only works well if you have WDM driver. Did you uninstall the driver that came with your card before installing the WDM driver? If can not get the Hauppauge supplied WDM driver to work, and you want to take a chance, you can try the generic WDM driver mentioned in Help->FAQ at the top of this page.

Yaobing

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2002, 01:14:15 pm »

Which version of MJ are you using?

"Failed to access TV tuner" error during ScanChannels, or during play, usually indicates that you have a VfW driver. With the latest MJ8 release, playing will ignore the error and plays whatever channel that your WinTV2000 program last tuned to. Is this what you got?

MJ TV only works well if you have WDM driver. Did you uninstall the driver that came with your card before installing the WDM driver? If can not get the Hauppauge supplied WDM driver to work, and you want to take a chance, you can try the generic WDM driver mentioned in Help->FAQ at the top of this page.

dannykay

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2002, 04:53:11 am »

I have tried everything you suggest and still no joy - I think I might give up!

I have been having another problem as well. Everytime I download a visualisation plugin it says that Winamp visualisations dont work with Media Jukebox. This cant be true as I have downloaded them from this site.

Fastyves

• World Citizen
  • Let me think about it !
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2002, 07:47:54 am »

Dannykay,

I assume you're using MJ 8.xx, and if you look closer on the Display Plug-Ins page, you'll notice that most of them are made for MJ 7.xx, wich supported Winamp vis. It's no longer true for MJ 8.xx !

Yves.

Listening to: 'Planxty Burke' from 'Clannad In Concert' by 'Clannad' on Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up