INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scroll bar in detached display mode  (Read 1208 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Scroll bar in detached display mode
« on: November 11, 2006, 10:55:19 am »

Another niggle - let's say you are watching a video, and detach the display window.

The detached display does not have any controls, so you have to seek, FF & RW using the main window. Which is OK, except...

If you double click the detached display window, then you have a fullscreen window with no controls at all.

It would be useful for the detached display window to have some of the navigation controls, at least the seek bar.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Scroll bar in detached display mode
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 01:17:31 pm »

We recommend using standard "Display View" if you want controls.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 03:05:46 am »

Can we at least get a right-click menu for controls in the detached display?

That would make sense and boost user ability and flexibility.

fwhoch

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 02:14:44 am »

I agree, MC11 had controls which would hide out of your way in the display window.  Its one of the best features the program has (or had).  Matt, I agree you can use the standard "Display View", but its bulkier and doesnt have the option to have on top of the other windows and since its bulkier it takes up more screen real estate.  Either way in the standard "display view" you have to interrupt whatever you are watching (if its a video or TV) in order to bring up the main program to do something as trivial as seeking forward or volume control.

For example I used to have the library window minimized and could be watching a video or TV or playing an audio file and from the display view have access to volume, pause, ff, rw, and most importantly the Progress Bar without having to open up the main MC window, which I only used to change playlists.   Now if I want to scroll i have to go back to the main program and scroll from there and interupt whatever im watching instead of being able to do it right from the same window.  Not only is this a hassle, but it pretty much makes the idea of a display window usless, or at least less useful and its the only drawback ive seen so far for the upgrade. 

Ive been a MC user for a while now and this is a feature which should have stayed, or at least have the option to turn on or off. 

Please consider bringing it back, it is one of the most basic and useful features MC has had and now its gone. Ive already bought the upgrade, even before trying out the release and im not sure I would have upgraded if Id had known this release was lacking this feature.

Thank you for the great software and I hope you consider the possibility of making this change, it really is a downgrade for the user not having this.

Please bring back the display window controls, its a great feature.

fwhoch

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 02:51:46 am »

In the display options for MC11 had the option to set the Control Bars Mode to either Always show, Auto hide and auto hide (resize display).  Could an option be added not show the control bars for those users who might want to have the option off, and those of us who want the display bars still be able to use them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up