INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View feature request: control which playlist will be shown  (Read 1128 times)

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different

Hi,
i'd like to be able to select which playlist should be shown in theater view. Something like you do for views maybe, just select a playlist to be shown. How about giving a playlistgroup the option to be shown in theater view. That would do.

The reason for this: i have a lot of playlists i use only for organizing the library, checking my tags, some special playlists to calculate what will be on my IPod etc. Now while i need to work with these playlists they are not meant to be played.
I also want to be able to NOT show playlist groups like Audible, AudioLunchbox etc.

Even worse: while in theater view it takes a real long time when i select 'playlists' because too many smartlists get calculated (i guess).

Any one else who thinks this might be a good feature?

georgem29

• Recent member
Re: Theater View feature request: control which playlist will be shown
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 01:11:53 pm »

This is a good idea.  I'd want the option to control it by playlist group.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 06:40:05 pm »

Even worse: while in theater view it takes a real long time when i select 'playlists' because too many smartlists get calculated (i guess).

This is so true! I've purposely had to cut back the number of playlists in use to try to speed up the load time in Theater View. Not ideal at all! Also, with MC12's TV animations, it looks like my system is about to crash everytime I open the Playlists view because the animations and background viz just stop for a good 5 seconds before the view is shown.

I think the ability to select which playlists are shown in Theater View as suggested here is AN EXCELLENT IDEA!!! That way we could control things better by omitting the CPU hogging smartlists etc.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 04:41:51 am »

Theater view is one of my major concerns now and i see it is discussed alot recently. So i shamelessly bump this.
Maybe JRiver can comment on this idea?

Another thing: if you could include the option for playlistgroups to be shown then it would be nice if this was working for UPnP server as well.

Pages: [1]   Go Up