INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics-Tag  (Read 1274 times)

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
Lyrics-Tag
« on: September 02, 2002, 08:46:06 am »

Hi,

could you please include the lyrics-tags to V9 of MJ? I updated a lot of my songs to includ this tag and I would like to see the lyrics during playing. And I don't like copying it into the MJ internal database :-)

Thanks,
Mirko

P.S. Thought about automatically updating lyrics from "purelyrics.com" or similar?
P.P.S. Thought about adding amazon.de to "find cd"? This would be usefull (here)...

JimHus

• Junior Woodchuck
RE:Lyrics-Tag
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 10:47:38 am »

You can make your own TrackInfo visualization (it's just a web page) and put in searches for Lyrics or CD's or whatever. I made one for lyrics similar to what you mentioned.

If it's particularly nice, submit it and we can all benefit.

FWIW, MJ stores the lyrics in the MP3 files, not the database.

That said, there have been issues with some tag info (Lyrics in particular) either not updating or not being recognized/recognizable. Hopefully #9 will fix the tag issues.

JimHus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2002, 10:50:11 am »

Bah!

Forgot to mention the important part about making your own Lyrics searcher... Copy/Paste does not work in the MJ visualization window (at least I've never gotten it to work).

So using it as a method for finding lyrics to place in your own files, it's not a good solution (yet).

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2002, 11:11:37 am »

MJ does _not_ save the lyrics to the file. I looked at the file itself. The lyrics-tag is only present if I use some external tool (I use Lyrics3 Editor). Trust me :-)

JimHus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2002, 11:22:04 am »

Well, when I have problems with MJ failing to update the lyrics, MP3 Tag finds and corrects them.

That and MJ says:

---------
Lyrics*

* denotes field stored in file tag only
---------

I can see them in the file just fine using a Text editor even.

*shrug*

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2002, 11:41:49 am »

Then this could be magic, couldn't it? Or MJ doesn't put them in the tags they should be put in (err... I mean where the other non-standard software expects them *g*).

Why doesn't anyone care about standards?

Brian

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2002, 02:07:33 pm »

I'm a new user of this software - is there a way of getting MJ to go and get lyrics for all my MP3s automatically?

Regards
Brian.

JimHus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2002, 03:09:42 pm »

I don't believe there's any plug-in that does that (yet).

I added a TrackInfo called RiceLyrics that does create a hyperlink for finding Lyrics (or Discography). While it doesn't get the lyrics for you, it does eliminate some of the lookup process. I just wired it to Google, you could easily modify it to look where you wanted.

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2002, 08:17:09 pm »

@JimHus: May we see/download it?

@Brian: Lyrics3 Editor let's you automatically search for the lyrics (quite good) but no batch-lookup. I'm searching for something myself. Maybe it is possible to this by vbscript, if Lyrics3 Editor is being able to automaticated(?).

JimHus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2002, 04:49:44 am »

It is not an automated lookup/fill in. You can download it here under Accessories -> Plugins -> TrackInfo Templates -> RiceLyrics.

All it does is generate the proper search URL for lyrics on the Lyrics link and for Discography on the Image link.
Pages: [1]   Go Up