INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't even burn a CD?  (Read 1522 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Can't even burn a CD?
« on: December 27, 2006, 07:57:13 pm »

I put 700 files from a playlist into the burner.  It was estimating 6 CDs.  (Request: please add a line break after the space requirements and before 6 discs needed so it doesn't go outside of the sidebar).

I want to just burn the first disc and then cancel.  When I click burn, I get:
Failed to play \\Server\Book\Music\....flac  You may not have installed on your computer DirectShow filters for decoding the type of file you are trying to paly.  Please install appropriate filters and try again.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can't even burn a CD?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 09:49:33 pm »

Try APE, MP3 or WAV files as a test.  It sounds like a FLAC input plugin problem.

We'll test on our side too incase there's something strange about how MC is handling the FLAC plugin.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

benn600

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 08:36:00 am »

So I should start with MP3, APE, or WAV and try to burn those to a CD (w/ encode to mp3)?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 05:50:59 pm »

I think it is called trouble shooting, start with what works and see where it brakes.

you could also ask scthom about it.

As a off note, and Not that this has anything to do with you, but it was on my mind and is sort of related (just a story about a event in history).

Today a tech was wondering why his PDS (Parameter distribution system) sprayer (for pest control) would not spray chemical. Looking at his system I Immediately noticed there was no gasket in the filter (the filter housing is see through), and two hose connections were lose. Instead of thinking things through and possibly fixing it. the tech wanted to argue with me (for 30 Min's or so) waisting more of his time he said he did not have to "Fool With It". Once he did what I said it all worked just peachy and only took about 1 min to fix.

I shook my head as he rode off in the sunset.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

benn600

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 09:10:15 pm »

I will try some troubleshooting after I rip the 20 new CDs my family got for Christmas...and the 10 that have been waiting to be ripped for a while now.  It just seems like while FLAC is the best format in existence (let the debate begin) MC really needs native FLAC support.  I don't know why people aren't more interested in free, open standards when archiving or saving data...a program to utilize that data doesn't have to be free but the format needs to be so programs can be continually updated in the future to always support that free standard.

benn600

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 09:44:19 pm »

The same exact thing happens for mp3 files.  Now what about itunes ripped files?  I think those are aac.  The playlist I tried burning had mp3's and possibly the m3a or whatever itunes rips to.  Any ideas?

benn600

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 06:13:01 pm »

I'm still having issues burning a FLAC or MP3 CD.  Doesn't anyone else have this issue?
Pages: [1]   Go Up