INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to import .rm files?  (Read 1113 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to import .rm files?
« on: January 11, 2007, 10:52:15 pm »

Hi,

I have some real media files with the extension .rm files in a folder. I tried importing this folder into MC12 library using Tools -> Import Folder and Selecting all types. I also unchecked the "Ignore files previously removed from library" but these files are not being imported no matter what I do.

I have shell integration enabled for MC12. Even if I right click on the folder or an individual file and select Media Center -> Import, the file is not being imported. Any ideas? 

thanks,
Osho

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
Re: How to import .rm files?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 02:46:11 am »

The last I know is that you can't. You must rename it to .rmvb for it to import.
Don't Panic!

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 05:34:23 am »

The last I know is that you can't. You must rename it to .rmvb for it to import.

The funny thing is that I could import them on one PC (where these .rm files are in a network drive mounted via NAS). But on the main PC where these files are locally, I can't!!!

On the PC that I could, I had real player installed before I attempted to import. On the main PC, I did not have real player installed when I first attempted to import these files. I installed real player on the main PC and then tried again to import but that didn't work.

Osho

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 05:52:26 am »

MC needs Real Media codecs for importing and playing Real Media files. Either Real Player or Real Alternative must be installed on the system.

RM files can have content that is compressed with various codecs. Real Player has several options and the used codecs have changed many times during the last ten years or so.

Supposedly installing the latest Real Player should take care of all possible RM codec types, but possibly that is not so simple.

Does MC accept the files if you simply drag them to the Playing Now list?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 06:23:06 am »

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 06:51:48 am »

It looks like the extension .rm is included in the file associations, but not in the import file types.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 09:39:30 am »

You can import them using ShellExtension. Right-click the files in Windows Explorer and select Media Center 12 -> Import.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up