INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Related Media  (Read 769 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Related Media
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:52:30 am »

You can't believe how amazing a related media pane view would be.  Imagine on the side bar having a window that would show similar items found in other media categories.  Imagine playing your favorite song.  Now imagine that you also have the music video for that song.  Why not show it in the related media view at the very least as a reminder.

There should be a few modes:
1) List View- list tracks just like Media Center does with a small thumbnail and then only show the name of the item.
2) Detailed View- give more detailed info on the similar items found but then cycle through them every 5 seconds.
3) Automatic- if only a few items are found, use detailed view...otherwise use list view.

I really can't live without Display so I would want it to either be an add-on to Display or two items should be allowed to be open at once.  I like the idea of just adding it on to display.  Imagine listening to your favorite tune and then seeing the associated music video come up--it works best if you've been careful with naming.  It should also allow for percentages and rank the results based on similarity between fields.  It can't operate like the default search.  It has to be more intelligent and try various sections of words.  It should compare all fields available if possible.  Who cares if it takes a while to populate.  Let it populate in the background.

Every other site you can think of does this--YouTube, Google, Gmail, even a lot of forums.  They all show similar items for the readers' advantage.  Just think of myself playing my Simpsons CD and then I'd see all my Simpsons DVDs and pictures (if I had any) show up!  WOW!

This would really put MC ahead of other media players.  Most players I can think of, including iTunes, have lacked this feature forever but internet people have always done it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up