INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch mp3 lame encoding from wave  (Read 1180 times)

Mikey

• Recent member
batch mp3 lame encoding from wave
« on: September 01, 2002, 10:28:10 pm »

This may be slightly off topic but I'm looking for a program that will take a wave file name "04-cd-album-track.wav" and convert it to an mp3 file using the filename information to fill in the ID3 tag information.  Hopefully uses lame as well and does the whole thing in batch mode.  I know I've seen this, but for the life of me can't remember the name.

Thanks!
Mikey

phelt

RE:batch mp3 lame encoding from wave
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 02:14:37 am »

Is there a reason that you would not use MJ for this? Check out Tools>Convert Format, and Edit>Properties.

Mikey

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2002, 06:53:56 am »

phelt,

The key of what I'm trying to do here is take the title information and put it into the ID3 tag information.  When you create the wave file you put this information into the filename the conversion program then puts it into the ID3 tag information during the conversion to mp3.  I would like to use MJ for this for it won't handle the name conversion.  I use it for everything else, its the best!

sekim

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2002, 07:14:37 am »

Try Properties > Tools > Fill Properties From Filename. Is this what you are looking for?

Test it on a single file you can re-rip in case this isn't it.

joe|PLS|mama

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2002, 01:30:02 pm »

LameDropXPd with Lame 3.92will do this, but I think you have to use a specific directory structure/file name format to get it to work correctly.

Also, the Monkey's Audio frontend can be used to batch encode MP3s using Lame.  You just have to tell the tagger what parts if the file name go in which tag fields.

Tag used with Tag Frontend will batch tag files using the file name.  Again, you have to specifiy what parts of the filename go in which tag fields.

Rob

phelt

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2002, 08:35:31 pm »

Mikey - I understand that this is not a 1-step process in MJ (though it should be). But it is a pretty quick 2-step process. It looks like you already know how to do the format conversion. MachineHead's recommendation should be all you need for the tagging - you can select all of the newly created MP3's in MJ, right-click and select "Properties", then "Tools > Fill Properties From Filename". It will be performed on all files selected, according to the parameters that you specify. No big thing.

Mikey

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2002, 09:44:04 am »

Kripes,  Is there anything that this program won't do?  Your right it's there, under the filename properties.  Thanks all very much for your input.  This program is the most impressive I've found in my 20 odd years in the computer business, no kidding.

Thanks!
Mikey

sekim

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2002, 02:43:33 pm »

Hey Mikey!!...He Likes it!! Sorry, had to throw that in there. From One Mike to another, I've heard it a million times...
Pages: [1]   Go Up