INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T TV Progress  (Read 47368 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVB-T TV Progress
« Reply #250 on: May 15, 2007, 07:50:56 am »

The OSD orientation/placement issues are also sorted now!!

oops.. spoke to soon... I'm going to start a new thread for this one...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40591.0
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2007, 06:22:36 am »

I've got my DVB-T card working again!  However I've found some odd behaviour with TV Recordings:
1) I'm still getting MC reporting odd resolutions of the recorded files like 704x480 on HD recordings, and 768x576 on SD stuff
2) One of my recordings does not show up in the library and will not play in MC (but will in say WMP) - I've sent a log file on this one, showing that the TEN recoding will not play followed by a 9 HD that does
3) I also had one recoding today that did not have the Genre set (it is blank instead of "TV Recodings")

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2007, 07:57:13 am »

Hi Yaobing. I've got a a timeshifting question for you I've been meaning to ask you for a while. Here's the sequence of events:-

1. In Theater View
2. Play some TV (MC jumps to Display View)
3. Hit Pause
4. Some time later I hit Play
5. Some time later again I FF (Ctrl+Shift+Right arrow repeatedly and without pausing first) all the way to the end of the TS buffer. In other words, FF to the point where the timeshift playback position equals the max timeshift duration point....

At this stage, MC runs really slow. For example, I toggle to Theater View and the background visualisation and Theater View animations are very jerky and slow to respond. Other PC functions, even simple things like launching IE, take a very long time. The way to fix it however is to tap the REW button or to pause the TS playback briefly and replay.

It has something to do with MC attempting to buffer and playback the recorded stream at the same point in time. Pausing and restarting playback forces a brief amount of time between these two points I guess and then everything's ok.

Can you explain this slow down? Can you reproduce it or even fix it? I can provide a log if you like.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2007, 10:24:28 pm »

The ability to rename TV Channels on the "TV Configuration Screen" is broken again (works fine when you are in the tunning box).
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2007, 06:22:30 am »

2) One of my recordings does not show up in the library and will not play in MC (but will in say WMP) - I've sent a log file on this one, showing that the TEN recoding will not play followed by a 9 HD that does

Hi Yaobing - Got this problem again (was event the same Ch, Time, Show - exactly one week later!) sent a log....
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #255 on: May 24, 2007, 09:02:35 am »

Hi Yaobing - Got this problem again (was event the same Ch, Time, Show - exactly one week later!) sent a log....
Thanks
Nathan

The log does not reveal much. The only thing I see is that there is no ending quote mark (") on the filename when you tried to play it from the command line. That however should not be the problem becaue it still works for me.

The problem seems that the file cannot be imported and MC does not recognize it as a media file.

Try doing a manual import from Windows Explorer, and/or dragging the file to the Player Control area to play it. Then send me a log again.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2007, 03:43:56 pm »

The log does not reveal much. The only thing I see is that there is no ending quote mark (") on the filename when you tried to play it from the command line. That however should not be the problem becaue it still works for me.

The problem seems that the file cannot be imported and MC does not recognize it as a media file.

Try doing a manual import from Windows Explorer, and/or dragging the file to the Player Control area to play it. Then send me a log again.

Log sent with a couple of examples of trying the above (still can not play or import into the Lib)
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: May 25, 2007, 08:42:21 am »

Log sent with a couple of examples of trying the above (still can not play or import into the Lib)

The log has not come. Did you send it?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #258 on: May 25, 2007, 03:42:35 pm »

The log has not come. Did you send it?

Hi - Sent again (went at the same time as the post)
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #259 on: May 25, 2007, 04:26:05 pm »

Hi - Sent again (went at the same time as the post)

Got it. Thanks.

EDIT: The copy you sent a day ago has just arrived too - later than what you sent today ?

You sent them almost exactly 24 hours apart:

"Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 06:41:51"

"Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 06:42:29"

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2007, 05:48:49 pm »

I still can not find any Importing related entries in your log files. The only things I found are related to launching a file using command line:

General: Launcher: Command Line: /Play "C:\TV Recording\10 Digital 24_05_2007 19_30.dvr-ms

Did you try right-clicking the file in Windows Explorer, and selecting Media Center -> Import?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2007, 08:25:52 pm »

Did you try right-clicking the file in Windows Explorer, and selecting Media Center -> Import?

Ahhh I don't seem to have that option - I tried draging and dropping it into the file list in STD view and also the playing area a couple of time in that log file.
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2007, 08:53:50 pm »

Ahhh I don't seem to have that option - I tried draging and dropping it into the file list in STD view and also the playing area a couple of time in that log file.

Turn on Shell Integration.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2007, 09:20:26 pm »

Turn on Shell Integration.

Well I learnt something new today...sent log...
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #264 on: May 31, 2007, 01:49:12 am »

Well I learnt something new today...sent log...

Hi Yaobing, any luck with these DVB-T recordings?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #265 on: May 31, 2007, 05:08:34 am »

Hi Yaobing, any luck with these DVB-T recordings?

I've had more of a play and looks like I've sorted it (I think  :) ) - I did not have any filters selected for dvr-ms file types and tried the DScaler5 you suggested previously.  I can now import and play the offending files.  A good side result is it does seem to play DVB-T better than the NVidia Pure Video filter so I am now trying this for all my MPG playback as well (will report how it goes)
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2007, 09:59:42 am »

I've had more of a play and looks like I've sorted it (I think  :) ) - I did not have any filters selected for dvr-ms file types and tried the DScaler5 you suggested previously.  I can now import and play the offending files.  A good side result is it does seem to play DVB-T better than the NVidia Pure Video filter so I am now trying this for all my MPG playback as well (will report how it goes)
Thanks
Nathan

Sorry for not being able to read your log file earlier. For some reason importing with DirectShow did not work. Not selecting a decoder is a reason, but DirectShow is supposed to pick one by default. Somehow DirectShow was confused.
As a result, MC imported the file as Data file. That is why you can not play them. Check under "Documents" you may find some such files (if you have not re-imported them all).

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #267 on: June 01, 2007, 08:36:01 pm »

Sorry for not being able to read your log file earlier. For some reason importing with DirectShow did not work. Not selecting a decoder is a reason, but DirectShow is supposed to pick one by default. Somehow DirectShow was confused.
As a result, MC imported the file as Data file. That is why you can not play them. Check under "Documents" you may find some such files (if you have not re-imported them all).

Mmmm I got the problem again after upgrading to the latest MC build & playing with codec (on my Jitter reduction quest)...Pressing the REC button (with glee - have I said how happy I am) and it records fine but does not get imported, a manual import just adds it as a document.  However, after a reboot the REC works fine on the same stations so I'm guessing that after stuffing around either installing a new version of MC12 or playing with the CODECS I will have the patience to reboot first!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #268 on: June 03, 2007, 07:31:07 am »

Hi Yaobing, I've done a clean install of Vista on my HTPC (from XP SP/2) and I now get a "failed to record, failed to build graph" error when I try to record.  Have sent log.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2007, 09:30:28 am »

Hi Yaobing, I've done a clean install of Vista on my HTPC (from XP SP/2) and I now get a "failed to record, failed to build graph" error when I try to record.  Have sent log.
Thanks
Nathan

DirectShow renders everything correctly, but would not be able to run the graph. This is something that puzzles me. Must be something about Vista.

Did you run it under Administer rights? It seems to work.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #270 on: June 04, 2007, 03:31:35 pm »

Nope - just ran it, will try tonight after work
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2007, 05:57:55 am »

I've not had much time to play (the familly seem to want to watch stuff not play with the technnology - go figure!).  But Yes recording works if JRMC12 is Run as an Administrator but I've a couple of Q's:

1) Will it always need Admin Rights to record (and why)?
2) Apart from Recoding is there anything else that MC12 requries Admin Rights to do?
3) I know how to set the properties so MC12 always runs as an Administrator but the UAC diag will always pop up which makes it hard to auto config JRMC12 to pop up as the front end of a HTPC, any config options suggested.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2007, 07:27:30 am »

I've not had much time to play (the familly seem to want to watch stuff not play with the technnology - go figure!).  But Yes recoriding works if JRMC12 is Run as an Administrator but I've a couple of Q's:
1) Will it always need Admin Rights to record (and why)?
2) Apart from Recoding is there anything else that MC12 requries Admin Rights to do?
3) I know how to set the properties so MC12 always runs as an Administrator but the UAC diag will always pop up which makes it hard to auto config JRMC12 to pop up as the front end of a HTPC, any config options suggested.

Thanks
Nathan

I suggested trying administrator rights only to confirm what we have observed. This is the an issue that I am still trying to solve. For now you will have to use admin rights to record digital TV on Vista. I do not know any other features of MC that would require the same (I think all you should need to do is to run it under admin rights once).

I hope I will fix this soon.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2007, 09:31:25 pm »

Hi Yaobing - another one for you....When a do a TV recording some of them get Taged as "Station Name" under Album Name and some used the "Date".  I've got example from Today using V255.  I'm not to fussed (as long as it is consistent) but I guess that I'd go for the following tagging:
Genre = TV Recordings
Artist = Channel Name
Album = Date/Time in reverse order so they sort correctly (eg YY/MM/DD - HH:SS)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #274 on: June 11, 2007, 02:51:23 am »

Hi Yaobing,  I know there are still a few kinks to work out but any clues when we might see the following features added to TV:
- Thumbnails (so users can add their Station Logos instead of the default nothing)
- Scheduled Recording in T'View
- EPG (to also expand on the above)
- Channel # support (eg so I can press 9 on my RC to go to Channel 9)
- Channel # support for external Video devices (eg using the IR blasters to change channels on a Cable box then switch MC to the Analogue input.)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #275 on: June 11, 2007, 08:16:51 am »

Hi Yaobing - another one for you....When a do a TV recording some of them get Taged as "Station Name" under Album Name and some used the "Date".  I've got example from Today using V255.  I'm not to fussed (as long as it is consistent) but I guess that I'd go for the following tagging:
Genre = TV Recordings
Artist = Channel Name
Album = Date/Time in reverse order so they sort correctly (eg YY/MM/DD - HH:SS)

Thanks
Nathan

Thanks for reporting. I see it now that you mentioned it.

Do you have MC automatically watch your TV Recordings folder? I believe that is the problem. When MC auto import, it uses the default behavior of tagging Album with "Date". So which "Album" a recording ends up in depends on whether Auto Import kicked in during recording.

This will be solved by partially adopting your suggestion, by putting "TV Station Name"/"Channel Name" in Artist field, and leaving Album field do default behavior.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #276 on: June 11, 2007, 03:14:32 pm »

Do you have MC automatically watch your TV Recordings folder?

Yes I do but I can take this out very easily as my TV Recordings go to a seperate drive (it was added in the "old" days to get the ms-dvr stuff imported post recording).
Thanks
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: June 11, 2007, 10:43:44 pm »

I have made the change. Now Album will have "Date", the same as the default importing behavior for video. Artist will get Channel Name.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2007, 05:28:11 am »

I have made the change. Now Album will have "Date", the same as the default importing behavior for video. Artist will get Channel Name.

Thanks all works!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2007, 11:00:54 pm »

Hi Yaobing,

FYI - I've been trying to track down some stability issues :( and for now I've removed my PCI based DVICO Card and am using a the DVICO NANO USB device (I think I've got a overheating issue in a crampted Dell case but we will see).  Anyway, I have noticed the following issues that are common regardless of what device I use.  Unfortunaly I've missed the log that had MC being "unresponsive" just after starting a scheduled recording, but I've sent another log file (LOG.ZIP) that may show:
1) Stuttering during CH aquisition:  When you select a CH to play, the Video/Sound comes on then freeses for a second, plays for a second, freeses for a second, then plays fine.  Repeatable on every CH, every time.  On one occasion in the Log (a CH10 Tune) you may see that it just stayed on a freeze (still pic, no sound) - yet MC was responsive and I could "STOP" and restart the CH just fine.
2) Analogue Audio Connection Flashes:  I've got my HTPC hooked up to my Yami AV Receiver using S/PDIF.  When I enter the "TV" page in Theater View my Yami's PCM light starts flashing very quickly for a second or so (indicating that the source is coming in & out).  The same behaviour happens when you STOP a TV Channel that was using PCM.  I've not seen this "flashing" behaviour at any other time.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #280 on: July 19, 2007, 12:18:15 am »

Hi Yaobing,
Perhaps not surprising but the following creates havoc (I've sent LOG2)!
1) "View TV During Scheduled Recording" is ticked
2) Make a scheduled recording
3) Start T'View and play music etc

When the scheduled recording starts it appears in a seperate window (top left) and the audio is mixed with the music that is playing.  T'View still has the focus so using the RC then brings T'View forward to the front (over the TV Box) but you still hear the mix of sound.  If you go into the TV section of Theater View you then get the "Failed to Start TV" error diags that go round in circles, you end up needing the drag the keyboard out to try to get control (but can not).  It is stuck like this till the scheduled recording ends then MC becomes "non responsive" in Vista and needs to be closed and restarted (but the recording worked just fine!)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #281 on: July 19, 2007, 12:48:28 am »

Even more!

* LOG3 shows what happends if Scheduled Recodrings overlap (the second one seems to be ignored) but if one ends and the other starts at the same time (eg Finish recoding CH10 at 7:30 and Start CH9 at 7:30) you get error messages and MC hangs

* LOG4 I hope captures that "chipmunk" audio problem you sometimes get when tuning to a TV channel with Analogue sound.  One of the good things about the multiple "Stuttering during CH aquisition" mentioned above is that it only lasts for a second!

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up