INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T TV Progress  (Read 47372 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: DVB-T TV Progress
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2007, 08:44:18 pm »

OK - sent a bunch more logs from V156.

1) Scan.Log - Scanned fine, found two lots of the Ch9 group (but only one was added to the Channels) & 7HD is back (the test loop was running - more on that later)
2) Tune.Log - Hope it captured the Hang (going from Ch9 AC3 to Ch9 HD).  It feels like the tune request is outstanding and is never returned.  You can then try to tune 1 More channel and this makes it hang.  I've also attached Tune After Crash.Log that shows you get more tunning problems if you do not reboot (eg restarting MC on its own does not fix the problem).
3) TimeShift & Hang.Log - this was should capture the problem with Timeshift on the HD channels (you don't get any picture or sound but the *.JT* timeshift files are created and grow).  This also may have captured another hang as I was switching channels
4) AC3 Stuttering.Log - Ch9 AC3 started audio stuttering (video was fine).  The Amp was reporting the audio channel was dropping in and out every half second or so - This may be a one off as I did not reboot the PC from the last crash - will keep an eye (ear) or for this one.
5) Recording - Used Ch9 as the test - same as before.  You need time shift on first.

General News:
- 5.1DD works!   ;D  I got the Ch7HD test loop and in was in 5.1! (just before going back to the Tennis which the wife if now watching so no more testing for now!)
- Huge Bandwidth on Ch7HD - My system had real trouble playing smooth video on the Ch7HD loop with DD5.1 - I was getting video tearing and stuttering (Audio was fine).  The nVidia filter was reporting 50Mbs for this channel during the demo loop where most of the others are in the 10-15 range (audio was around 384Kbs).  I got great results for about 10mins by overclocking my modest nVidia 6200TC to the max before it gave up!  A good compromise for now is to enable YUV with BOB (thanks for the post above) while I try to work out what Fanless PCI-E nVidia card will work better (any suggestions?).  I get smooth playback without a big drop in quality (enabling decimation has a very noticable drop).
- Lost Sound on Ch7HD is now back to playing the tennis and while I've got vision I've now lost sound.  I bet that they have switched to MPEG Audio on this channel but would need to rescan to find out.  This is going to be very annoying and I don't know how the other software handles it.  Ch7HD is the only Australian Channel to switch between MPEG Audio and DD on the same channel.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2007, 04:14:44 am »

Sent a couple more logs myself.

1) NoAC3_1stChannel.txt: If you start viewing tv on an AC3 channel, there is no audio at all. Switch to another channel briefly and then back to the AC3 channel and audio is fine. This doesn't happen on HD channels (with AC3 audio), nor does it happen if you start tv on a channel other than an AC3 one.

2) TS_HD.txt: Another log of the timeshifting issue with HD channels. This one should show me doing a successful timeshift and resume on "Nine Digital" and then switching to "Nine Digital HD" and attempting the same thing. As before, video pauses ok (and there is plenty of disc activity) but there's no way of resuming. All I can do is stop.

Re: tv start and channel change speed. The first log might help you work out what’s going on here as it should show me switching between 2 channels. As discussed, it looks as though the process used to find the "right" audio stream has slowed things down quite a bit. In build 147-150 (I think), channel changing was super fast so I can only assume it’s related to this somehow. Anyway, I wonder if there is some potential to show the video asap and THEN choose the audio stream. In terms of "user experience" this would be a great improvement over 5+ seconds of a still video frame. Also, switching between channels within the same "group" appears to be slightly faster than jumping between channels within different groups.

Thanks.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2007, 03:11:21 am »

MC12 Build 158

Refer sent log files.

Scanning

1. Looks fine. Found all channels including the mysterious 7 digital HD!
2. Scanning for me takes between 5-8 minutes which seems very long. What I'm finding though is that MC finds all my channels within the first couple of minutes (around the 20-30% scanning complete mark). Unfortunately I cannot stop the scan at this point because MC will not save the channels it has found up to this point. It's not a big deal but perhaps this could be a nice feature?? I'd then be able to quit out of the scan once I was happy all my channels were found. Otherwise, I guess the ideal would be to work out why scanning takes this amount of time in the first place.

Intermittent Audio problem

I'm losing AC3 audio with this build depending on which channel I start tv playback on and/or what order I switch to an AC3 channel.

Refer Log1.txt:

1. Start TV on channel "Nine digitial" - audio (PCM) ok
2. Switch to "Nine digital AC3" - audio still PCM
3. Switch to "nine digital HD" - NO AUDIO!

After this, I did another test this time starting on "Nine digital HD" and AC3 audio was fine. I didn't lose it until I switched to a SD channel and then back again.

Timeshifting on HD channels

Refer Log2.txt:

This is a little better. I can pause and resume now but during timeshifting, video playback is very choppy. Once I stop TS, playback is ok. Also, during one test in TS paused mode, I rewound the video to the start of the buffer and MC hung.

TV Startup and channel change speed

I couldn't test this properly due to the loss in audio streams but basically channel changing seems a bit quicker. It looks like MC is tuning to the selected channel a bit faster now. TV startup speed still seems the same.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2007, 05:19:08 am »

Channel scan took a while but it found all my channels. A couple of issues though :-

1. Channel changing is EXTREMELY slow. 10-20 seconds and sometimes it will crash MC.

Full Confirmed also in Build 158  >:(
MC crasht every time I switch to Recording and would like the channel to change.
Where am I to send the log file?
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2007, 05:22:31 am »

I still get the "Unable to Play TV" error every tiem I exit the TV Options screen.

I have 4 tuners in the PC, maybe it's related to that?

Does anybody else get this?

Richard

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2007, 05:52:08 am »

Where am I to send the log file?

Send it to Yaobing. yaobing at jriver dot com
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2007, 06:03:19 am »

I still get the "Unable to Play TV" error every tiem I exit the TV Options screen.

Are all the tuners the same? Perhaps try a different one if possible or move one of the existing ones temporarily to a spare PC to test.

I had this error for the longest time and then it just mysteriously started working all of a sudden and has been good ever since. I've never really been able to prove this to Yaobing. I wish I knew what it was .....

One thing worth trying (if you havn't already) is blowing away the "TV Settings" reg entry under HKCU\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12. Restart MC and go thru the TV setup again. You probably won't want to do this but have you tried reinstalling MC completely? I'm only suggesting this stuff because I tried it all and then somehow things changed so it might be worth the effort.

Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2007, 08:40:45 am »

2. Scanning for me takes between 5-8 minutes which seems very long.
Unfortunately I cannot stop the scan at this point because MC will not save the channels it has found up to this point.

I designed it with full intention to allow user cancel in the middle of scanning and save whatever is already scanned. If it does not work that way, I need to fix it.

Here is what I expect it to work (and it works for my ATSC scanning):

During scanning, only "Stop Scan" button is available.
You can click "Stop Scan" anytime during scanning.
After clicking "Stop Scan" button, all buttons (except "Stop Scan") will be enabled.
Channels already found at that point should be in the list.
Clicking Cancel, you lose newly scanned result, and the previously scanned channels remain in the list on parent window.
Clicking OK, the newly scanned channels are saved.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2007, 09:38:41 am »

Intermittent Audio problem

I'm losing AC3 audio with this build depending on which channel I start tv playback on and/or what order I switch to an AC3 channel.

Refer Log1.txt:

1. Start TV on channel "Nine digitial" - audio (PCM) ok
2. Switch to "Nine digital AC3" - audio still PCM
3. Switch to "nine digital HD" - NO AUDIO!

After this, I did another test this time starting on "Nine digital HD" and AC3 audio was fine. I didn't lose it until I switched to a SD channel and then back again.

As always, thanks for the log files.

"Nine digitial" -> "Nine digitia AC3"

I see where the problem is. These two are technically the same service. There is no change in "Service", thus no event was generated. I will fix that.

"Nine digitial"/"Nine digitial AC3" -> "Nine digitial HD"

I do not understand why an event was not generated when it should since this represents a change in "service".  ::)

Did "Nine digitial HD" to "Nine digitial"/"Nine digitial AC3" transition work? From what you said above it appear to have worked (until you switch back to HD again).

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2007, 02:42:39 pm »

I designed it with full intention to allow user cancel in the middle of scanning and save whatever is already scanned. If it does not work that way, I need to fix it.

Hi Yaobing. The Stop Scan button is available but 1) I sometimes cannot get it to stop even after several presses and waiting a long amount of time and 2) when it has worked, all my "old" channels have been present (rather than the newly found ones). I can verify all this with logs next time.

Did "Nine digitial HD" to "Nine digitial"/"Nine digitial AC3" transition work? From what you said above it appear to have worked (until you switch back to HD again).

I'll need to try it again tonight... From memory, Nine to Nine AC3 didn't give me AC3 (PCM only) and then Nine AC3 to Nine HD gave me no audio.

Any thoughts on the choppy playback problem during HD timeshifting?
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2007, 02:17:46 am »

Sent some 159 Logs:

1) Scan.log - First scan - missed the Ch10 Group, and some of the other assignments looked odd
2) Scan1.log - 2nd Scan - worked fine.

Pressed STOP lots of time from around 33% (the point all the channels are picked up) and it seems to keep going to around 50% before it acutally stops - not a big point as most would only ever tune once.

3) Tune.log - Went from 9HD to 9AC3 to 9.  MC still seems to hand when moving between the SD and HD channels.  After restarting MC (not rebooting) started a second log file and there was some big pauses, no responses then a BSOD with BAD_POOL_CALLER error.

4) Tune1.log - Rebooted this time (well did not have choice after the BSOD) and played the three HD DD channels one after another.  MC seems to tune quickly (a couple of seconds) from one channel to another but then freezes for up to 20sec then it come good. (edit*** just had a delay of 10Minutes between tunes before it came good)
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2007, 03:50:00 am »

More logs sent too.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2007, 02:30:43 am »

V161 - Mr Ugly has visited  :'(
* TrytoScan.Log - going to the scanning page gets the odd bit of sound but you can not actually press tune as MC just (mostly) hangs
* Tune.log - similar prob to above (but using the old scaned channels) - bits of sound, no vision, hang

See you in v162! ;D
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2007, 09:46:47 pm »

V162 -  Getting better  :) The info at the bottom of the screens are now correct:
- SCAN.LOG - took several goes (kept getting a Failed to Play error after the scan had finised but before the channel list could be updated
- Tune & SCAN.LOG - this scan worked (made sure to press STOP before the tune seems to be the trick on this build).  Tunning was OK but there is still an issues with a big hang on the HD channels after the first aquition (can take minutes for it to come back)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2007, 06:51:56 am »

V162

Log sent.

Scanning ok for me but having many playback woes....

1. Starting playback on an HD channel (or AC3 channel) result in no audio.
2. Audio is generally stuttering across the board - never had any issues with this before. HD channels a very bad. I've tried messing with audio buffer sizes etc but it makes little difference.

Still slow to change between channels and during tv startup. 5-10 seconds.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2007, 04:34:58 am »

V163

Still the same old issues for me. Yaobing, let me know if you need any more details from me to fix these.

Anyway, sent more logs just in case.

The stutter issues reported above have gone after a tv reset... strange!

Anyway,

1. Scanning still ok for me.

2. Starting playback on an HD channel (or AC3 channel) results in no audio. Switching to a non HD or AC3 channels from this also results in no audio. Starting playback on a non HD or AC3 channel is fine.

3. Timeshifting on HD channels pauses but won't resume. When TS is stopped and normal playback resumed, I get no audio.

4. Still slow to change between channels and during tv startup. 5-10 seconds. Again, this used to be very quick a few weeks back.

Also, not sure if this bug was introduced in 163 or not but while doing some general testing, I noticed that attempting to cancel a video bookmark on a video file which appears at the top of playing now fails. For example:-

1. Clear playing now
2. Add a single video file which contains a bookmark point (ie, the only item in the playing now list)
3. Hit "previous Track" to clear the bookmark
4. Nothing happens.

If the file IS NOT the first item in Playing now, the bookmark is cleared fine and playback starts from the beginning.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2007, 11:34:15 pm »

V170 (sorry I've been away for the last couple of weeks and have not been able to test till now  :'( - but have sent a bunch of logs to make up for it  ;D )

1) Scan.log - seems fine and it all works for me
2) tune_TS.log - tuning stations with TimeShift ON starting with an HD channel = it crashed MC
3) tune_no_sound - tunning stations with TimeShift OFF starting with an HD channel = no sound on any tuned channels
4) tune_some_sound - tunning stations with TimeShifdt OFF starting with a SD channel = get sound on SD and AC3 channels but not HD
5) tune.log - tunning stations with TimeShift OFF general tuning

Looks like the filter graph for HD Channels is causing a prob (note: I've rebuilt by HTPC on a new box so I may have stuffed up a filter but MC it seems to play other media OK, and I've no probs with HD Channels in the DVICO S'W)

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2007, 04:02:28 am »

V170

Log sent.

My findings for this build are ....

1. Starting TV on a HD channels (TS off) is fine now.
2. TS across the board though is broken. Cannot resume. Once playback is stopped and restarted, audio is fine but no images appear until I do a TV "Reset".

Also,

5. Changed: TV can now be started by clicking the "Watch" button without first selecting an channel. Its behavior is the same as clicking "0" and "Enter" on keypad.

This doesn't work. I get an error saying: "Cannot set channel. Code: 0x8....."

Can I just say though that this is a great idea! I'd love to see this functionality extended to theater view too so that hitting "TV" on tView's main menu launches tv automatically in full view (automatically selecting the last channel watched). Could this be made possible please? An option at least perhaps?

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2007, 08:59:11 am »

Thank you both for the logs.

This doesn't work. I get an error saying: "Cannot set channel. Code: 0x8....."
The goal of this function (at least currently) is to provide a way of starting for analog devices that have no tuner (such as webcam). Consequently the program will always go to the analog device if there is one. In your case, since you are using Dvico's Fusion device, there is an analog tuner but it does not work in Australia.

I will try tuning it more.

Can I just say though that this is a great idea! I'd love to see this functionality extended to theater view too so that hitting "TV" on tView's main menu launches tv automatically in full view (automatically selecting the last channel watched). Could this be made possible please? An option at least perhaps?
Theater View is another matter. I will consider it.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2007, 05:20:19 pm »

Theater View is another matter. I will consider it.

Thanks Yaobing. I'd appreciate it if you could. Using TV in Theater View is fantastic but having to choose a channel first and then switch to display view is sometimes tedious. It would be nice to just choose "TV" and away you go! As I said, an option for this functionality would be fine if neccessary.

Also, I know we're focused on getting the guts of all this working first but along the same lines, would it be possible to supress the "Starting TV..." popup box please? Again, in Theater View this is next to useless as the message cannot be read from across the room and just looks bad against the Theater View background. As an idea, perhaps the same message could be redirected to Display View; just like the "Opening..." text which appears when waiting for something to play.

There's no urgency to this. I just didn't want to loose the idea.

Thanks again.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2007, 05:11:11 am »

More logs sent for V171 - I am now soundless on all channels!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2007, 08:58:26 pm »

More logs sent for V172 - I am still soundless on all channels!
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2007, 09:13:54 pm »

173 was released this afternoon.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2007, 09:56:56 pm »

Sorry Typo  ;D - should of read "More logs sent for V172 - I am still soundless on all channels!"
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2007, 11:51:04 pm »

V173

1. All audio is fine for me. Using ffdshow but also good if I try Intervideo filters.

2. Not seeing any change with Timeshifting in this build. Result is the same as reported below for build 170. Ie, once video is paused, I cannot resume. It then breaks TV altogether - I only get sound, no video. I must "Reset TV settings" to get things back. Timeshifting used to be ok on non-HD channels for me but now it's not working at all.

3. The current playing TV channel in Theater View is not appearing with the usual Play overlay image. Switching to Playing Now shows this fine. It's only a problem from within the TV channel view itself. It makes it difficult to know what channel is actually playing without this and switching to Playing Now to find this out is a bit of a pain.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2007, 08:59:16 am »

Sorry Typo  ;D - should of read "More logs sent for V172 - I am still soundless on all channels!"
You mean "More logs sent for V173 ..."? ;D

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2007, 03:57:35 pm »

Yup still got the same Typo (must of been tooooo early - V173).  I also tried some other Audio Decoders with the same result (both AC3Filter & nVidia) though as I've rebuilt the HTPC it could be my new setup not your code!
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2007, 04:54:47 pm »

... though as I've rebuilt the HTPC it could be my new setup not your code!

Maybe you can try rolling back a few builds and see if that would work.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2007, 05:28:17 pm »

Hi Yaobing. I'm just wondering if anything can be done about the TV startup and channel changing slowness? Is there anything I can provide you to help diagnose this (apart from logs).

I pulled out a stop watch today and it's taking around 12-15 seconds to start tv (from a selected channel) and between 5-10 seconds to change from one channel program "group" to another. Where it is fairly fast is when changing between channels of the same group - ABC HD to ABC2 for instance.

I have two other very bad live tv apps I'm comparing this with. One is the DVICO software which came with my card and another is a third party app but both do TV startup and channel changing within 2 seconds.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2007, 05:09:20 am »

Hi Yaobing - could you look at the last logs I sent to see if there is anything obvious before I start making changes! - Thinking about the changes I've made, I seem to have lost TV sound when I put on on AC3Filter (instead of FFDSHOW which I was using before for MPEG/DTS support with the Nero Splitter).  Everything else plays perfectly but if I try to play media after TV (soundless) it now crashes MC.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2007, 10:25:27 am »

Hi Yaobing - could you look at the last logs I sent to see if there is anything obvious before I start making changes! - Thinking about the changes I've made, I seem to have lost TV sound when I put on on AC3Filter (instead of FFDSHOW which I was using before for MPEG/DTS support with the Nero Splitter).  Everything else plays perfectly but if I try to play media after TV (soundless) it now crashes MC.
Thanks
Nathan

Nathan,

Your latest log show that the program failed to render the audio stream. Unfortunately there was no details in the log (I did not anticipate trouble in this). There is a chance that it was caused by my recent changes, but I can not imagine why that would be the case, since raym has no such problem. That is why I asked you to try rolling back a few builds to try to rule out such possibility. If rolling MC back to earlier version (to one before you lost all audio) still does not get audio on at least some channels, then you may need to reinstall your decoders. You may even need to reinstall DirectX 9.0c.

For some reason, DirectShow builds a graph with audio always being MPEG-2, even if an HD channel was requested. Having to change the format to the correct one after the graph has been built was causing problems with HD audio and time-shifting. That was why in recent builds I try to set the audio format before the audio stream is rendered, to avoid having to change the format later. If for any reason that would prevent rendering audio stream, I will have to think of another strategy.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2007, 05:49:58 pm »

Hi Yaobing. I'm just wondering if anything can be done about the TV startup and channel changing slowness? Is there anything I can provide you to help diagnose this (apart from logs).
The speed will be looked at again after other problems are solved.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2007, 06:00:36 pm »

2. Not seeing any change with Timeshifting in this build. Result is the same as reported below for build 170. Ie, once video is paused, I cannot resume. It then breaks TV altogether - I only get sound, no video. I must "Reset TV settings" to get things back. Timeshifting used to be ok on non-HD channels for me but now it's not working at all.

I see in your earlier log file that the program failed to load the time-shifting file. Are you able to record (right-click, choose "TV Recording" -> "Start Recording...")?

What recording folder did you set? Make sure it is on a local hard drive and have plenty of disk space.

Do you see the files "MJTSFile.jts" and "MJTSFile.jta" growing in the folder after you start time-shifting?

3. The current playing TV channel in Theater View is not appearing with the usual Play overlay image. Switching to Playing Now shows this fine. It's only a problem from within the TV channel view itself. It makes it difficult to know what channel is actually playing without this and switching to Playing Now to find this out is a bit of a pain.

The channel info should be displayed on video screen for three seconds after the channels is tuned.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2007, 06:09:37 pm »

I see in your earlier log file that the program failed to load the time-shifting file. Are you able to record (right-click, choose "TV Recording" -> "Start Recording...")?

What recording folder did you set? Make sure it is on a local hard drive and have plenty of disk space.

Do you see the files "MJTSFile.jts" and "MJTSFile.jta" growing in the folder after you start time-shifting?

Yeah, good point. Let me look at this and I'll report back.

The channel info should be displayed on video screen for three seconds after the channels is tuned.

No this isn't what I'm talking about....

In theater view, when ANYTHING is playing, the little green play tri-angle (overlay image) is used to indicate that something is playing. Same should go for tv channels and IT DOES for the playing now view. This just isn't working in the tv (television) view. Therefore, in THEATER VIEW:-

1. select TV from the root menu
2. select a channel and press play
3. in Theater View (NOT DISPLAY VIEW) the green play overlay image should appear over the playing tv channel. IT DOES NOT.
4. jump to  Playing Now, it DOES appear. It should appear in both views just like anything else played in Theater View.

Make sense?
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2007, 06:47:19 pm »

No this isn't what I'm talking about....

In theater view, when ANYTHING is playing, the little green play tri-angle (overlay image) is used to indicate that something is playing. Same should go for tv channels and IT DOES for the playing now view. This just isn't working in the tv (television) view. Therefore, in THEATER VIEW:-

1. select TV from the root menu
2. select a channel and press play
3. in Theater View (NOT DISPLAY VIEW) the green play overlay image should appear over the playing tv channel. IT DOES NOT.
4. jump to  Playing Now, it DOES appear. It should appear in both views just like anything else played in Theater View.

Make sense?

I see what you meant now.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2007, 06:47:39 am »

Recording is working fine.

Yep, I see these files growing in my video folder (which is c:\video) when I pause TV. The problem is still when I try to resume. Nothing happens. These files continue to grow in size. The only thing I can do is STOP the timesifting.

Interestingly though, if I set the option to start tv with TS enabled, I get an error message saying something like "Unable to locate/load timeshifting files". MC does nothing after this, ie, tv does NOT start. Perhaps this is related to the problem I'm seeing. I've emailed you the log of this.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2007, 08:27:55 am »

Interestingly though, if I set the option to start tv with TS enabled, I get an error message saying something like "Unable to locate/load timeshifting files". MC does nothing after this, ie, tv does NOT start. Perhaps this is related to the problem I'm seeing. I've emailed you the log of this.

It is the same error as the one you had by clicking Pause. The error code, surprisingly, is E_OUTOFMEMORY. Out of memory! How can that be!

Very moderate memory allocations are involved. Have you noticed any other memory related issues on your computer?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2007, 10:36:41 pm »

Your latest log show that the program failed to render the audio stream. Unfortunately there was no details in the log (I did not anticipate trouble in this). There is a chance that it was caused by my recent changes, but I can not imagine why that would be the case, since raym has no such problem. That is why I asked you to try rolling back a few builds to try to rule out such possibility. If rolling MC back to earlier version (to one before you lost all audio) still does not get audio on at least some channels, then you may need to reinstall your decoders. You may even need to reinstall DirectX 9.0c.

Thanks will give it a shot when I'm back in town (travelling again) though I'd imagine that if the decoders or DirectX was stuffed I would also have problems with playing DVD's, MPEGs, Audio etc - but all work fine....will let you know!
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2007, 12:32:31 am »

Have you noticed any other memory related issues on your computer?

Nope. None at all....

I'm guessing (based on a quick google search) that this exception (E_OUTOFMEMORY) may relate to problems while building/generating the graphs. It could even be a catch-all for a variety of issues???

Example: http://nate.deepcreek.org.au/svn/DigitalWatch/tags/2.0.0.7/src/BDADVBTSourceTuner.cpp

Don't know if this helps or not though I'm sorry...
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2007, 03:48:32 am »

Hi Yaobing - got home and loaded V162 and sound worked fine  :D then downloaded the latest Version and was Soundless again  :-[!
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2007, 08:29:26 am »

I'm guessing (based on a quick google search) that this exception (E_OUTOFMEMORY) may relate to problems while building/generating the graphs. It could even be a catch-all for a variety of issues???

No, it is not a catch-all, at least for MC. E_OUTOFMEMORY error occurs when memory allocation fails.

Please try the latest build. After initial time-shifting attempt, try find "Restart player..." in right-click menu. This command was added not to solve the problem you are seeing, but it might help.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2007, 03:24:01 pm »

raym and jmone,

You two have the same DVICO device, right? It puzzles me why they behave so differently. What are the differences? I see in your log files that even the DirectShow graph come out different (one of you has pins 2 and 3 for video and audio, while the other has pins 3 and 4 for video and audio). Not that it matters, but I would expect them to be the same considering they are the same device.

Have you both installed the latest drivers from the manufacturer's web site?

In your latest logs, I see Nathan did not choose audio and video decoder. DirectShow automatically picked 'NVIDIA Video Decoder' for video, and DirectShow could not find a suitable audio decoder to put in the graph. On the other hand raym picked 'CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7)' and 'ffdshow Audio Decoder', and DirectShow substituted the audio decoder with 'InterVideo Audio Decoder' (which is fine).

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2007, 04:21:57 pm »

Please try the latest build. After initial time-shifting attempt, try find "Restart player..." in right-click menu. This command was added not to solve the problem you are seeing, but it might help.

Hi Yaobing. I've tried the latest build (175) and still having the same TS issues. I tried "Restart player..." and it didn't have any effect.

I am using the absolute latest drivers (according to the DVICO website) for my card. For all intents and purposes, the card is working fine (including timeshifting) with my other (terrible) TV software.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2007, 09:57:46 pm »

raym and jmone,

You two have the same DVICO device, right? It puzzles me why they behave so differently. What are the differences? I see in your log files that even the DirectShow graph come out different (one of you has pins 2 and 3 for video and audio, while the other has pins 3 and 4 for video and audio). Not that it matters, but I would expect them to be the same considering they are the same device.

Have you both installed the latest drivers from the manufacturer's web site?

In your latest logs, I see Nathan did not choose audio and video decoder. DirectShow automatically picked 'NVIDIA Video Decoder' for video, and DirectShow could not find a suitable audio decoder to put in the graph. On the other hand raym picked 'CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7)' and 'ffdshow Audio Decoder', and DirectShow substituted the audio decoder with 'InterVideo Audio Decoder' (which is fine).

DVICO brought out an update towards the end of last year which I am using (V3.50.02).  I can try selecting different combo's for the filters again if you think that would help?  Let me know if you want me to run any logs etc.
thanks
Nathan

PS got your e-mail and have sent new logs but still no sound.  FYI the NVIDIA Audio decoder is being activated but it reports there is no info being sent.
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2007, 05:23:55 pm »

In build 179 I rolled back some of the recent changes. I hope this will get Nathan's sound back while not losing some of the gains we made. Please test it for both normal tuning and time-shifting.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2007, 08:22:54 pm »

V179 - Thanks Yaobing - Life is Good Again - I've got Sound  ;D!  I'll send the usual logs.  MPEG sound was fine with the default filters but DD was just the popping noise till I changed the filter to nVidia - now I'm getting MPEG, DD2.0, and DD5.1 just fine (note it seems to take a long time (eg 20sec) to get the HD channels tuned sometimes).

Will now test Timeshifting & Recording
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2007, 08:31:35 pm »

Timeshift results (will send logs) - the Timeshift files are created and grow but no Video or Sound is rendered in MC.  Files are deleted when TS is stoped and the DTV is returned but all the video settings for Hue, Colour and been reset to low values (you need to go into the Advance Properties and press the Default button to fix).

Record - Same as a month ago where if TS is not running it will first change to an Blue Screen from a DVB Channel, the if you select record a second time it will record this blue screen to an AVI file.  No luck at all in first turning on TS then recoding (probably the above).
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2007, 09:54:12 pm »

V179 - Thanks Yaobing - Life is Good Again - I've got Sound  ;D!  I'll send the usual logs.  MPEG sound was fine with the default filters but DD was just the popping noise till I changed the filter to nVidia - now I'm getting MPEG, DD2.0, and DD5.1 just fine (note it seems to take a long time (eg 20sec) to get the HD channels tuned sometimes).

Will now test Timeshifting & Recording

To get DD Sound (2.0 or 5.1) you MUST first tune to a SD/MPEG channel.  If you tune straight to a DD channel you get no sound!  Will send updated logs
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2007, 03:07:02 am »

V179

Hmmm.... A slight step backwards in this build for me.

1. I'm seeing the complete opposite to jmone in terms of HD audio. Ie,

To get DD Sound (2.0 or 5.1) you MUST first tune to a SD/MPEG channel.

I must first tune to a HD channel (with AC3 sound) to get any sound at all on a SD channel.  Log file sent. HD audio is always fine for me.

EDIT1: Ok, this seems to be codec related. I switched to the Cyberlink audio decoder on the weekend (to try to resolve another unrelated issue). Switching back to ffdshow, I don't get any audio issues. The thing is, prior to upgrading to 179, the Cyberlink decoder was fine with build 175.

2. TS is the same as it's been lately and consistent with jmone's comments. Ie,

Timeshift files are created and grow but no Video or Sound is rendered in MC.  Files are deleted when TS is stoped and the DTV is returned but all the video settings for Hue, Colour and been reset to low values (you need to go into the Advance Properties and press the Default button to fix).

Thanks.

EDIT 2: I'm occasionally getting digital noise when starting tv on hd channels. Stopping and re-starting fixes it and it's very inconsistent. I can't reproduce it at will. I'll leave logging on so that next time it happens, I should be able to send thru a log. I've experienced this for a while now and is not unique to build 179.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2007, 01:35:45 am »

Hi Yaobing - got your e-mail but as I'm rebuilding my HTPC (again  :-\) it may be a day before I can get the logs to you.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up