INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request???  (Read 899 times)

tranceConscious

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Feature request???
« on: January 14, 2007, 05:43:46 pm »

Well this is a little weird.... but I'll ask anyway.

I got this huge library of about 750 gigs of mp3's.
Some of them are sorted in the "sorted" folder
and other are "unsorted" or "incoming"

So I happen to have lot's of duplicates.

Every now and then I browse through the possible
duplicates playlist and erase but I would find very
usefull to have a little window
showing possible duplicates of the current playing track.

Any suggestions/thoughts???

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request???
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 08:16:50 pm »

I like this idea, but I think it violates the unwritten 'complexity" rule (jriver seems leery of complexities).  I have suggested realtime floating windows in the past, and I can tell you the "thud" of the idea crashing to the floor in Minnesota is audible all the way to the west coast. 

I like your idea not only from the standpoint of cleaning up dupes, but, say, offering up suggestions from your library.    If I'm playing Hendrix, "all Along the Watchtower", maybe that's the perfect time to offer up Dylan's original, etc etc etc.  The functionality is already there in "locate/name/etc", but it takes more effort than I think it should, particularly for couch spuds like myself. 

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request???
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 02:04:24 am »

while a tad convoluted, the system I outlined here still serves me well today.
It's been slightly modified since then, so that I now have the ability to see how much of an album has become 'hidden'. Greatest Hits Albums are often culled, with the one or two "previously unreleased" tracks being commented before being unceremoniously dumped into the "Assorted Tracks" album.
It requires a lot of initial grind, but once that's done, it's a breeze to manage and ensures that the same, top quality copy of any track with duplicates is chosen for inclusion in random smartlists over all the others, while still making the others available for playback when listening to full albums.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up