INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More DVD playback badness - second ripped DVD plays in window, crashes  (Read 1817 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...

OK, even more DVD weirdness.

I have sorted out my aspect ratio problems - in the VMR settings, got to tick the box to keep aspect ratio. That's fine.

However, now this is what happens: I play a ripped DVD. It works fine. I stop it, and play another DVD. Now what happens is that the *previous* DVD plays, in a tiny window in the top corner of the monitor, without borders. While it does play, MC12 stops responding to any input.

It's like it fails to close the various video drivers, so the second time it plays a DVD everything goes haywire.

I am using the Intervideo video & audio decoders, and VMR9.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: More DVD playback badness - second ripped DVD plays in window, crashes
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 11:48:21 am »

I am using the Intervideo video & audio decoders, and VMR9.

In testing I did a while back I had tons of problems when using the Intervideo decoders.  More here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=35781.msg244422#msg244422
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 05:07:41 pm »

Nope, still having problems with the MPV decoder for video, ffdshow audio, and both VMR9 and Overlay.

Same behavior - when selecting another DVD to play, get the small window and playback of the previous DVD.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 05:17:28 pm »

Ok.  Might be a bug in MC then, if it's happening with multiple different filters.  I watch actual DVDs so rarely that I haven't actually tested running multiple DVDs in succession.  I can test it out later on at home...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 05:27:28 pm »

OK, I've narrowed it down further. This only happens when DVDs are set to go to fullscreen automatically on play. If they only play in the display window, things work OK. I can even go fullscreen once it has started playing, with no problems.

So I suspect an MC bug.

In summary, if I play a ripped DVD image and it goes to fullscreen automatically, it will work the first time. Press escape, or double-click, to go back to standard view, start another DVD, and instead of going fullscreen, it will playback the previous DVD in a tiny window, and become unresponsive.

Whereas if I disable automatic fullscreen on playback, things work fine. I can even double click on the Display window to make it fullscreen, and things will still work.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 07:46:55 am »

i never started dvds or ripped dvds when an other was playing. because when i used the cyberlink decoders/filters. mc12 crashed. but trying to resolve my other ripped dvd problem i installed cccp using the mpv decoder. and i just tried to start an other dvd while one was playing. and the same thing happend as described in the first post. the small screen jumped to upperleft corner (on my other monitor) still playing the first dvd. and i dont have mc set automaticallt fullscreen on play.

here is a screen shot:

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 10:29:38 am »

That is exactly the behavior I am seeing.

Note: I am using a dual monitor setup. MC12 is on the secondary monitor, the little DVD window appears on the primary monitor.

gappie

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 10:52:25 am »

Note: I am using a dual monitor setup. MC12 is on the secondary monitor, the little DVD window appears on the primary monitor.

same here!

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 04:47:03 pm »

Well, that makes two of us with same problem - hope it gets looked at!
Pages: [1]   Go Up