INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request  (Read 1178 times)

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Feature request
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:04:05 pm »

MAybe I am just missing how to do this.

I moved a bunch of files on my HD using windows explorer.  Import pulls in all of the new locations, but then I have 2 copies of things.

Where is the library tool that will find all of the broken links and remove those references.

Instead I deleted all the songs and now have 39,000 songs that all have an import date of today :(

vine-au

• Junior Woodchuck
  • negative, I am a meat popsicle...
Re: Feature request
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:12:38 pm »

if you have the folder as a WATCHED FOLDER, it will auto-resolve missing files. Next time move the files from within MC (simple drag-n-drop), that way it will update the library as it moves them.

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:46:25 pm »

Not a watched folder, need to look into that.

However, no matter what people say, windows explorer is a better tool for managing files.  I moved 9,000 files.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 08:23:04 pm »

It's not.  Not even close.  You wanted "library tools/rename files from properties."  Then nothing would have been duped, and MC would have been in charge--the proper way of things.  MC will do 9,000 files before breakfast.

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 07:51:48 am »

Explorer for moving files and Tag and Rename for managing tags has proven to be the most flexible, most efficient and most powerful tools for managing tags.

I would love to have 1 tool to do it all, but MC can't handle it.  "Part of a compilation" and "get album art" work so much better in Tag and Rename.  I have the ability to look up album art and information on multiple amazon stores (by country) and it lets me choose the multiple versions of the album to get the data.  If you buy a lot of CDs overseas while traveling, its great to have this flexibility.  I can see the 7 different versions of the CD and pick the one that matches the one I have.  YADB basically gives me one choice in most cases.

MC is great for making changes to individual files, but when it comes to the heavy duty work, there are better tools.
Pages: [1]   Go Up