INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Izotope OzoneMP with MC12?  (Read 1709 times)

Jonathan DA

• Junior Woodchuck
Izotope OzoneMP with MC12?
« on: January 16, 2007, 11:08:16 am »

Has anyone tried using OzoneMP with MC12?  I'm looking for a good parametric eq solution and Ozone looks very nice.  I see people were using it in MC10 but it no longer worked in MC11.

Alternatively, is it possible change the parametric eq in Direct X Host to not be limited to 80Hz?  I need functionality down to 16Hz.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Izotope OzoneMP with MC12?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 11:48:11 am »

Regarding OzonMP for MC, I would love to see this.  However, I have no idea whether it's possible to write a plugin to accept one of the currently available modes--WMP 9, winamp or QCP.  Like you say, MC did accept Winamp plugins, apparently, but I think recent versions have broken that.  Anyone?

Of course, $250 will get you the full version of Ozone and I can tell you it works with MC like a charm.  And it is a REALLY cool plugin.  Whether that's money well spent, well . . . .

Jonathan DA

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 01:13:01 pm »

I think I found a better alternative than Ozone for my needs.  FASoft has a DirectX 20 band parametric eq plugin for $20.  It was designed to work with their n-track software, but since they wrote it in DirectX, it loaded in MC12 with no problems using the Direct X Host plugin.  Only two bands function in the demo version, but it's very easy to use and updates real-time.  So far so good.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 01:34:08 pm »

This is free. It has 31 bands, though not parametric.

I found an excellent DirectShow EQ:

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

http://www.dsp-worx.de/

It is normally usable only with video files, but the DirectShow support in MC makes it available also for DS audio files. Currently a playlist can contain an AAC file that can use this EQ, but the next MP3 would play unfiltered.

It would be very interesting if MC could have an option for routing the output completely through DirectShow. That would make nice filters like this available with internally supported file formats too.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

MadJewDisaster

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 02:58:25 pm »

~~~~~~It is normally usable only with video files, but the DirectShow support in MC makes it available also for DS audio files. Currently a playlist can contain an AAC file that can use this EQ, but the next MP3 would play unfiltered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

You mean this will allow to use DSP effect on videos using MC?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 03:22:40 pm »

You mean this will allow to use DSP effect on videos using MC?

Yes, this equalizer is usable with any audio stream that is routed through DirectShow.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up