INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How is zooming and moving the television picture meant to work?  (Read 1224 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
How is zooming and moving the television picture meant to work?
« on: January 17, 2007, 08:34:17 am »

OK, I've got the zoom part sort of down. But shouldn't it stick when I close MC and go back? Or have you hidden a way to set zoom a place where I just haven't thought of looking? Also, when moving the image around (since zooming makes it jump like crazy) I sometimes have to fight it to get it to go where I want to. Suddenly it jumps straight up, so it's 1/4 above the screen! Is there something sneaky and smart there as well, or is it just not very well behaved? '

As a very dirty hack I can do the zooming with Girder, by first zooming all the way down and then going up a set number of + keypresses, but moving the picture I can't find. Is it there?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: How is zooming and moving the television picture meant to work?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 02:33:40 pm »

Zooming is not remembered between sessions. TV/DVD/Video always starts in a size that fits the current window.

Zooming with mouse wheel - it anchors at the mouse pointer. If you want the zoom centered, the best way to do is to use keyboard/remote, which zooms with center pointer anchored.

Panning - it can be done with mouse - hold down left button and move, or with keyboard - arrow keys, while video has been zoomed in.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 02:40:29 pm »

Aha! Thanks! So that's why the zooming seems to go everywhere! I didn't understand that. That I can use, and I will look at moving the image, something I wasn't able to do with the arrow keys (I did try), but I will try again. As long as I can get Girder to send the needed amount of + and right/left/up/down I should be able to get this working. I did try with my Hauppauge (how the heck does those New Jersey people come up with those city names?) PVR USB2, which had a vastly superior picture quality, but is totally useless in the kitchen because of the delay. I'm having problems getting my WinTV FM working, and my PCTV Rave, I think I'm gonna do a full re-install without the AIW card in the computer. Think I can do those in sleep now... ;) Sorry if I'm nagging these days, but frustration has burned up much of my already rather short fuse.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 03:13:11 pm »

Sorry, I misspoke about arrow keys for panning. They are not implemented for video. They are implemented for image playback only.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 09:25:00 pm »

Sorry, I misspoke about arrow keys for panning. They are not implemented for video. They are implemented for image playback only.

Just on this, would it be possible to implement hotkeys for image rotation please?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 02:23:48 am »

Not before he has implemented them for moving the TV image around, thankyouverymuch!
Pages: [1]   Go Up