INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now error message once removed  (Read 1661 times)

josher777

Playing Now error message once removed
« on: January 18, 2007, 08:09:51 am »

sorry if this is in the wrong place or already been answered else where. i did search but the only thing i found was from 2003, so thought i'd start a new post.

i am running mc 11.1.201 on xp pro

yesterday i installed james dickson's playing now v1.2 (the only one i could find with a working download link). when it was invoked by a track change, the window popped up, but only displayed 'expired' everywhere. since it was just installed on a reasonably new built pc, i didn't think this was anything to do with the free trial period.

anyway, i couldn't work out what was wrong with it, nor could i really be bothered. so i removed the software using the uninstall tool provided.

now every time there is a track change, i get an error message saying 'the configuration ini file 'c:\program files\james dickson\playingnow 1.2\skins\adaptive\config.ini' does not exist'. this happens twice per track change, and is a tad annoying!

i did try reinstalling the software and removing using the windows add/remove software tool, but with the same results.

i'd appreciate any help in resolving this problem. thanks

josher

josher777

Re: Playing Now error message once removed
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 04:56:18 am »

yes, its me again!

is there no one who can help me with this problem?

i'm thinking i will have to reinstall mc, but that will use up one of my license renewal thingys, and i don't have many left.

please can someone sggest how i can resolve this?

thanks again
josher

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 05:11:01 am »

Open MC, click on "tools > plugin manager" then expand the 'interface plugins' section.

Find playingnow in the list, select it, then click on the "hide" button.

That should take care of your problems.

When you uninstalled the plugin, you should have used the windows add/remove programs list, and MC should have been closed when you did this.

Post back if the problem persists.

-marko.

PS: just in case you're interested, the latest version of playingnow (v1.3.0.9) is available from here.
It only costs £5 GBP for a liscence, and is, imvho, worth every penny. The program is well written, well supported, and adds a whole new dimension to your overall MC experience.

josher777

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 05:45:25 am »

hey marko

thanks for your reply. a simple solution to a simple problem , but one place i didn't look!

i found an uninstall button in the plugin manager, so used that instead of the hide button. problem now resolved.

thanks again. and i might even give v1.3.0.9 a go, since i now know how to deal with any problems with it!!

regards,
josher
Pages: [1]   Go Up