INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: seing the same album under 2 different Artist Names ...any way ?  (Read 1825 times)

MadJewDisaster

• World Citizen

Exemple :
Cello Octet Conjunto Ibérico  --Philip Glass

I have all Philip Glass albums  who are under   Philip Glass

But Cello Octet Conjunto Ibérico is such an outstanding orchestra than,from listening to they "Glass Reflection" album , i got quite a few of they albums.

Cello Octet Conjunto Ibérico   "Glass Reflection" album  is under Glass  and i see it under Glass in the A/A/Y view in the tree- And they are in a Glass artist folder on my drive.
I would like to see it under   Cello Octet Conjunto Ibérico as well.

Kind of a mix of Artist AND Band tags view sheme... Any way to do it ?

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: seing the same album under 2 different Artist Names ...any way ?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 11:29:09 am »

short of having either:
1- duplicate files under (one copy of the album under each artist),
-or-
2- using either [Band] or [Album Artist] in addition to [Artist],
I think you are out of luck.
. . . the game is rigged

MadJewDisaster

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 12:04:35 pm »

2- using either [Band] or [Album Artist] in addition to [Artist],

What do you mean ?
B/A/A will give me all albums without a Band tag under Unassigned, right?

Or can i mix both Band and Artist?

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 12:23:12 pm »

This sounds similar to multiple artists on the same song like a duet. I got my solution from the forums but can't find the exact location right now to point to so I'll try to explain it.

I created an Artists library field that is defined as a List (semicolon delimited). I then did a Library Tools - Move/Copy Fields from Artist to Artists for every file. The unfortunate thing is this has to be done every time new files are imported for the new files. For any songs that have multiple artists, add them to the Artists tag. For example in your case it would look like "Cello Octet Conjunto Ibérico; Philip Glass". I got tired of making sure that Album Artist was filled in correctly before to have the songs on the same CD appear together so in this case I would make Artist be the artist whose CD that the song appeared on.

Then create a view scheme that has View items as Artists/Album. Now when you go under that scheme, you should see listings for both Cello Octet Conjunto Ibérico  and Philip Glass showing the same song. You may want to change your customized view to have Artists instead of or in addition to Artist. That also should remind you if you didn't fill out the Artists tag for any new songs.
Jeff

MadJewDisaster

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 02:37:07 pm »

Cool !
Thank you
Now will copy/paste your answer  and mail it to myself under MC -  2 different Artist Names title

Just a way to keep handy all answers to my questions  and not ask again in few months

Yalla
Pages: [1]   Go Up