INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have this cover art problem  (Read 2167 times)

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Does anyone have this cover art problem
« on: January 14, 2007, 04:35:20 pm »

I just downloaded Brooks & Dunn's song 'Believe' from their Hillbilly Deluxe
(from the interne) album.  But it happens often when I've done this, MC attaches an existing cover art from my file, in this case it attached a John Gary cover art on its own.

This has happened several times to me and I've had to deleted and add the corrected cover art.  Why is this happening.

Skylar  ?

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Does anyone have this cover art problem
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 05:14:37 pm »

I also just discovered after downloading the current MC, that several of my cover art is attached to various unrelated albums.

Skylar

gappie

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 05:18:43 pm »

is really the wrong image attached (look in the tags), or is mc showing the wrong thumbnails?

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 12:31:45 pm »

I've already updated over 400 hundred cover art tags.  When I look in the first column "audio" where the cover art is shown, hundreds of cover art changed to existing albums and attached "one" particular cover art to several hundred but not all, even though these already had the correct cover art attached to it.  This is not the first time that this has happened and caused me to correct so many cover art.

Thanks,

Skylar  ?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 05:44:27 pm »

Is MC set up to store the cover art in the tags, or just in a seperate folder?

Thanks,

Larry

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 04:50:19 pm »

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, I do have all my cover art in a separte folder.  Why else should I look for this info that relates to my albums.  Most all are correct but again, this generally happens every so often after an MC upgrade.

thanks,

Skylar

modelmaker

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 07:08:35 pm »

He was asking if you also have "store images in tags also"  checked?(Tools>Options>File Location>Track Images Location)
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 10:05:00 pm »

He was asking if you also have "store images in tags also" ?(Tools>Options>File Location>Track Images Location)

Exactly.

Larry

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 09:49:34 am »

I have 'In Specific folder'
Then below that, folder where cover art is located.

Skylar

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 09:52:24 am »

If you pick a folder for cover art, how do you name it?  Isn't the folder.jpg in album folders the most efficient, best, and safe method?

I have noticed incorrect covers before but it seems like a simple confusion and it usually corrects itself.  Otherwise, clear all thumbnails and start over.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 05:12:06 pm »

If you pick a folder for cover art, how do you name it?  Isn't the folder.jpg in album folders the most efficient, best, and safe method?

Why would saving it in the album folders be any more efficient or "safer" than any other folder?  I personally use a single folder named "Cover Art" for all my cover art (AND I have it set to store the art in the tags as well.)  This way, all my art is saved in a single location.  I found that files saved in the same folder as the songs can cause issues when manipulating folders (i.e. renaming albums, etc.)  I've had files left behind in the "old" folder when doing "rename from properties" operations.

Larry

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 05:20:19 pm »

Why would saving it in the album folders be any more efficient or "safer" than any other folder?

Try Putting 300,000+ Image Files In One Folder (One For Every Media File I Have).

You Can't Do That In Fat32, And With That Many Files In A Folder Drive Access Is Slow And Sluggish The More Files You Force The OS And Other Programs To Read All The File Names in The Dir
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 06:45:19 pm »

Try Putting 300,000+ Image Files In One Folder (One For Every Media File I Have).

You Can't Do That In Fat32, And With That Many Files In A Folder Drive Access Is Slow And Sluggish The More Files You Force The OS And Other Programs To Read All The File Names in The Dir

I don't have anywhere near that many songs, so that won't come into play for me for a LONG time (if ever.)  That said, I don't use FAT32 anymore, I use NTFS, and from what I understand, the maximum number can be as high as necessary as long as it doesn't exceed a little over 4 billion on a single volume.  What I'm NOT clear on, however, is how a large number of files (300,000 plus) would effect system performance on an NTFS system.  I simply have no point of reference on at what point the number becomes "too high."

Also, how do you deal with "rename from properties" operations?  I found that when the art was in the same folder as the songs, these operations did not account for album art, and would leave both the folder and the art file in the old folder after the songs had moved, splitting up the set and leaving old folders in place.

Thanks,

Larry

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 04:01:02 pm »

I have about 3500 and its not always been a problem.  I have them in Data/Cover Art folder.

This just happens once in a while after updating MC12.xxx that it jumbles my cover art with 'one specific cover to several others that had art cover already.

It did it to about 400 covers.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Skylar
Pages: [1]   Go Up