INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox does not recognize Real Audio format  (Read 1853 times)

MJWiech

Media Jukebox does not recognize Real Audio format
« on: September 01, 2002, 11:34:03 am »

Hi,

Why my Media Jukebox Plus (ver. 8.0.536) does not recognize
my RealOne Player ver. 2.0 (the latest vesrion)?

I cannot play Real Media music files through Media Jukebox,
neither can I listen to radio in Real Media format any more.

I get the message "Cannot determine the version of Real
Networks Real Player" etc.

Can anybody help?

Regards
MJWiech

sekim

RE:Media Jukebox does not recognize Real Audio format
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2002, 12:27:24 pm »

Sounds like the latest Real player has made it so no other player can pilfer its files. Have you disabled what you can in Real and made MJ associate whatever it can for Real files? Try associating all file types in MJ. You can always go back to default if need be. This is only a guess, would not ever put anything from real back on this box.

MJWiech

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2002, 01:19:30 pm »

Thanks a lot for the tips. I will surely try them.

Regards
MJWiech

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2002, 01:27:34 pm »

>> Why my Media Jukebox Plus (ver. 8.0.536) does not recognize
>> my RealOne Player ver. 2.0 (the latest vesrion)?
where can i get 8.0.536?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

yosISme

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2002, 05:47:45 pm »

I'm having the same exact problem.  I had to reformat a drive and when I reinstalled the newest version of RealOne, it does not recognize it through MJ. Just says to download it.  I've tried a bunch of different association combinations with no luck.

It is build 6.0.11.780 of RealOne.

I can play the files (i.e. radion stations) fine by going through RealOne player, but not through MJ.

It certainly seems as if they've tried to block other players from playing their format.  I could be wrong though.

Anyone else?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2002, 06:20:13 pm »

Try installing Real Player.  There should be a link here on one of the first two pages.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

yosISme

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2002, 03:02:24 am »

Real Player is not free correct?  Only the RealOne player is free now.  Am I missing something?  The only RealPlayer they list on their site now is for non-windws.  Everything else is now RealOne.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Or if anyone has the download for the older RealPlayer they could send me.

Thanks!

yosISme

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2002, 03:13:48 am »

I searched google and found a link into Real's site to download legacy software --> http://proforma.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html

So I downloaded RealPlayer 8.

However, I still get the same message with MJ that I need to download RealPlayer 6 or higher.

Is anyone else having this, or has had this problem?

yosISme

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2002, 03:16:10 am »

By the way, this is when trying to play radio stations from Web Media.  Specifically WLS - http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/1174.mpl

zevele1

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2002, 06:42:09 am »

I can send a RealPlayer|PLS|8 if needed.

But I AM SURE you still can download RealPlayer,I saw it on the Real site not long ago
Have a look to Netscape plugin page.The plugin is still RealPlayer, NOT RealOne

I gave a try to RealOne long ago and it was really a f''' thing.

You can set most of the Real formats to be play by Media Jukebox.
But you have to understand that the only thing you get is the MJ interface.If you click on the picture\video you get the RealPlayer menu,not the MJ one.

Can be ,sometimes ,better to open RealPlayer to play video if you want to rip it.
Some-let say many- of the Real video are 'rip possible'.In this case,only one click in RealPlayer is needed.I do not know if you can rip opening the video with MJ

yosISme

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2002, 01:23:01 pm »

Ok, here is the solution.  I actually found it in another thread here by searching, but don't have the URL now.

You MUST have RealPlayer installed PRIOR to installing MJ, or it does not seem to work.

After uninstalling both Real and MJ, then installing RP8 and reinstalling MJ, it works.  Haven't tried this with RealOne - since I have it working I don't care to upgrade.

Anyway, this seems as if it might be a bug in MJ that it will not recognize that RealPlayer is installed Real is installed after MJ.

joe|PLS|mama

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2002, 01:44:23 pm »

zevele1

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2002, 01:48:57 pm »

Not sure it is a bug.You can get the same problem with browsers
Install RealPlayer,update it to format you know you use or you have on your hard drive.DESELECT ALL FILE ASSOCIATION in Real8.
Means if you do not have more music programs ALL your file have to get the Windows MediaPlayer icones.
Install MJ.BEFORE you run it searching for songs on your drive.open WindowsMediaPlayer and de select any files association.

You would have no problem .Well WMP would behave itself.But some files will open RealPlayer.

I do not know if still the case,but i remember than when opening a file in MJ that needed a update from RealPlayer,when clicking on "get the plugin or update" you got the RealOne page or you downloaded RealOne.
If you still have this kind of problem:close MJ.Click again on the link in the page where the stream,video is but with 'open  with'==RealPlayer.You will get a pop up windows telling you That RealPlayer needs to download ....to play this file.Download and it is ok.

If you cannot open the links with 'open it',can be a stream just opening on one click,in this case open RealPlayer set it default to all,click the stream and like i said before.
When you get the download and you see the stream plays,stop it and reset RealPlayer default to NADA =nothing.

If you really want to have MJ to open most of the time instead of RealPlayer,you have to know that it is a HARD job...........

Next time how to set from Explorer=tools=folder options=files types

A kind of Blood Sweat and Tears,but if you are a hardcore anti RealPlayer pop up...........

Look like there is no way to get RealOne the behave in a polite way.

Now if having MJ and RealPlayer working fine,reading this forum,you still install RealOne,you deserve the troubles you get.There is NOTHING new in RealOne,you get the new codex having only RealPlayer
Pages: [1]   Go Up