INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I order display view to another display?  (Read 897 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Can I order display view to another display?
« on: January 20, 2007, 04:22:01 am »

My main display is where I will use the television card most, but I have a secondary display that I would like to be able to use at times as well. Is it possible to make display view jump like that with a command line switch (yes, I have loked at the sheet in the developer's section), a windows message or something like that?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
Re: Can I order display view to another display?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 07:48:24 am »

Are you talking about via a network or an actually hard wired cable to the secondary display?, most of the current drivers for either nvidia or ati have options to either share or switch desktops on multiple displays, just pick want you want.

TC

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Can I order display view to another display?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 01:26:11 pm »

It's a Radeon 9800 with the DVI to the main display (in the bedroom) and VGA to the secondary (in the bathroom - but my wife doesn't know it yet...), and the displays are totally different. The main is a 1440x900 19" widescreen LCD while the bathroom one is gonna be either a 800x600 8" LCD or a similar 14" CRT (on the top of a shelf). So I really don't want to mess with the main settings, just move the actual TV display between screens.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up