INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: keyboard shortcuts for Aspect and Subtitle?  (Read 1860 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
keyboard shortcuts for Aspect and Subtitle?
« on: January 20, 2007, 02:07:59 pm »

Hi,

Are there keyboard shortcuts available for Aspect and Subtitle selections during DVD playback? I would like there to be a keyboard shortcut that simply cycles through all available aspect and subtitles.

thanks,
Osho

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: keyboard shortcuts for Aspect and Subtitle?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 03:59:45 pm »

No there are not. Many here have asked for this. It would certainly complete MC's fine video improvements. A keyboard shortcut was introduced recently for cycling through DVD language streams so I don't know why these other very related functions are missing.

The other shortcut I'm REALLY missing is one for rotating images.

Hopefully they will be implemented soon.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Flavius

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 06:59:06 pm »

An easy solution to this would be to allow the Control menu to display on top of the video playback. Perhaps by clicking the command button?

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 10:46:15 pm »

An easy solution to this would be to allow the Control menu to display on top of the video playback. Perhaps by clicking the command button?

Not sure what you mean. But, one can right-click on top of the video playback and get a menu by which one can change aspect etc. However, I want a keyboard shortcut because that way I can program Girder/HIP to send that keyboard key press to MC12 when I press a certain button on the remote control.

Osho

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 10:56:14 pm »

...However, I want a keyboard shortcut because that way I can program Girder/HIP to send that keyboard key press to MC12 when I press a certain button on the remote control.

Flavius' idea is nice too. It would be good to provide a "one-key-to-activate" on-screen menu in Display View for this stuff - aspect ratio, subtitle, audio streams etc. It's a bit tedious to have to exit to Theater View (from display view) to navigate your way thru those context menus.

Having said that, a DIRECT shortcut for this stuff for Girder etc would be the simplest and probably the best option in my opinion...
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up