INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disabling icons animation in theaterview?  (Read 1100 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Disabling icons animation in theaterview?
« on: January 21, 2007, 07:08:17 pm »

Hi,

I notice that the icons animation in theater view is very slow on my computer. To draw a screen - it takes around 5 seconds from start of animation to end of it - which is too long IMHO. Is there a way to disable icons animation in theater view?

My computer has Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz, 512MB memory and ATI 128MB 9700Pro graphics card (1920 x 1080 resolution) running Windows XP SP2 with MC12 as the *only* application running. Is it reasonable to expect a PC with this spec to do the icons animation in theater view quickly (i.e. 1 second from start to finish of animation)? I also have another server PC which is Pentium 4 3.2 GHz (HT enabled), 1GB memory and ATI 1300 graphics card (1400x1050 resolution) and that does theater view icons animation quickly (~1 second).

thanks,
Osho

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Disabling icons animation in theaterview?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 09:10:09 am »

Yes, this is a real drag, particulary if you run it thru a mediaserver.

it would be great if MC12 in one of the next upgrades could have an option to swith those icons of.

I just find them anoying in Theater View anyway - and they are a drag on resources.

BB

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 10:53:54 am »

it would be great if MC12 in one of the next upgrades could have an option to swith those icons of.

Actually, I want icons - they are helpful. I just don't want the icons animation. It would be great if there was an option for that.

thanks,
Osho

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 11:46:28 am »

If you do a search you'll eventually find a quote from Matt where he stated that this request unfortunately isn't easy at all to accomplish.

I'm not sure why the animation performance is so terrible on the first machine Osho listed... I have machines with less power generally (though all of mine have at least 1GB RAM and slightly better video cards -- but only slightly), and they are able to handle it fine.  Unless it's the RAM difference, I don't see why you're seeing such dismal performance...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up