INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request - Theater View - Back Button & Album Art Views  (Read 3477 times)

jmmttu77

• Junior Woodchuck
Request - Theater View - Back Button & Album Art Views
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:23:07 pm »

Here is a request for a minor revision when in the Theater View:

When in Theater View at:  Home > Audio > Artist/Album

You can select play on one of the artists to begin listening to all of the songs in all of their albums.  In the options, if you enable "jump to playing now", you are automatically taken to the playing now page which visually lists all of the songs.  This is great, however, from this point...when you select "back" you are taken all the way back to the "Home" page.  I would like to see the "back" button here take you back to the "Artist/Album" page...not all the way back to Home. 

Thanks for all your work, I am a big J River Media Center Fan!   

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Request - New or Revised Theater View Functionality
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 11:52:12 am »

Here is a request for a minor revision when in the Theater View:

When in Theater View at:  Home > Audio > Artist/Album

You can select play on one of the artists to begin listening to all of the songs in all of their albums.  In the options, if you enable "jump to playing now", you are automatically taken to the playing now page which visually lists all of the songs.  This is great, however, from this point...when you select "back" you are taken all the way back to the "Home" page.  I would like to see the "back" button here take you back to the "Artist/Album" page...not all the way back to Home. 

Thanks for all your work, I am a big J River Media Center Fan!   

Try F11.  It cycles through Theater View <--> Display View <--> Standard View.  Hitting it once should do what you want.  I have this key assigned to a button on my remote and it makes it easy to toggle back and forth between all of MC's views.

Control-4 also works, though slightly differently. It will toggle ONLY between Theater View and Display View, if that's what you prefer (never to see Standard View).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jmmttu77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 07:03:37 pm »

Thanks, for the response Glynor.  However, we are talking about different things.  The keys you listed are not able to take you directly to the Artist/Album page.  Let's see if I can help clarify what I am speaking of:   

From the Artist/Album view (While in Theater Mode, make sure you see "Home > Audio > Artist/Album" at the top of the screen to be where I am referencing).  From here I pick the artist I want and hit play on my remote.  It then jumps to the Playing Now page (as I enabled that in the Theater options), begins playing the music and shows all the songs from the Artist I selected....as it should.  Everything is perfect up to this point. 

From this point, we should simply be able to press the "Back" button to return to the Artist/Album page....if it were truely a "Back" button....instead, it transports you all the way back to the theater "Home" page and you are forced to once again drill down by selecting "Audio" and then "Artist/Album".  Three button presses, which should have only taken only one...   

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 07:15:26 pm »

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I've asked for this many times. Hopefully it's something we'll see introduced soon. I've never had a response on the topic though by JR.

I would like back to mean BACK!... back to where I was... Just as you've described. There's always the home key if I need to "start again".
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmmttu77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 07:37:11 pm »

Right on, Raym!  I was hoping someone would understand my babbling. 

The "Back" button is my #1 wish....but here is wish #2: 

In Theater Mode, I love that you can see your Artists displayed by LARGE album art and when you select an Album it automatically changes to the SMALL album art so you can see the files more efficiently.  However, when you have an Artist that has more than one Album, and select the "ALL" button, the album art stays LARGE and you cannot see the song files efficiently.  It would make sense for the album art to automatically change to SMALL here. 

The "Change View" button in Theater mode cannot remedy this since changing it will also shrink the Artist and Album's album art.   

Clear as mud, I know :)

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 09:02:17 pm »

Yep, I think I get what you mean here also. What you're referring to is "List View" vs "Large Thumbs View" (if you will). Sometimes (and I agree with you) it makes more sense to show the list view so you can read the full song titles etc. But, other times you like to browse by Thumbs.

This has also been discussed here before. One suggestion I made was to make MC aware of the "View Mode" selected on a per-screen basis. That way you'd only have to "Change View" once to get it looking the way you want so the next time you enter it, it'd be just the way you want it. Again, I've never really heard what JR think of this...

My advice is to just keep asking. The JR guys are cool and they'll eventually see your request(s) and respond accordingly.  :)
Z-Wave Home Automation

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 09:32:50 pm »

I misunderstood.  I (badly) assumed when you said "Playing Now" you really meant "Display View" (full screen).  My bad.  Yeah then -- I agree, back should work right.

I always keep mine set to Jump on Play --> Display View (for Theater View that is).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 10:53:23 pm »

/vote

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 02:30:13 am »

If you have setup to jump on play to display view, doesn't the Stop button work like how you want the Back button to work? That's what I have been using to get back to where I was.

It doesn't work if you set jump on play to playing now though.

Osho

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 04:13:59 am »

It doesn't work if you set jump on play to playing now though.

That's right and this is what was originally posted.

This discussion is about more than this though. It's about the possibility of having MC remember where you were when leaving or jumping out of any view (during normal navigation), and being placed right back where you were when opting to go "BACK".

Cheers.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 09:58:08 am »

I would like to see the "back" button here take you back to the "Artist/Album" page...not all the way back to Home. 

You could do this in MC10

But somewhere in MC11 (Which I wasnt around much)

This function got lost.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 01:44:34 pm »

This discussion is about more than this though. It's about the possibility of havi MC remember where you were when leaving or jumping out of any view (during normal navigation), and being placed right back where you were when opting to go "BACK".

I agree. Back button should always work as "going back to wherever I was" no matter what is the view or what is being viewed. I posted a similar request for Back to work "as expected" while browsing youtube video and downloading from there at

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=38491.0

Osho

jmmttu77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 02:22:43 pm »

Thanks for all the feedback, glad to hear others support the requested change.  Seems like the modifications would be relatively simple to implement...but I am no programmer.  Hopefully this will catch the attention of the JRiver Team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up