INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A whole new demension of visualizations  (Read 918 times)

Shawn Rebelo

A whole new demension of visualizations
« on: August 31, 2002, 10:43:22 am »

Matt and Nikolay. When I get back from Seattle. I have this video I should show you. May not be your kinda of music, but i assure you that the concept of it will blow your mind.

It is kinda hard to explain, but will try a little bit here. These guys took what looks like a 3d shape made in Studio Max. And somehow it literally changes it shape and form to the music. I have NEVER, EVER seen something likes this EVER in my life. It is mind boggeling. It looks like they either have their music set up  to a computer sendng sound signals or frequencies to the program they are using causing the shape to change to a from a certain frequency. But how it is done is simply amazing!

It came as a  promo DVD disk with the newest CD I got from this band Autechre.

A must see as far as a visualization concept. It literally brings a whole new meaning to visualizations. The advancement of it, man, amazing.

phelt

RE:A whole new demension of visualizations
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2002, 12:13:11 pm »

This sounds like stuff from the demo scene. Most popular in Europe, music is usually in the techno/trance genre. Folks write their own realtime reactive model/renderers, often make the accompanying music as well.

Ton-Up

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2002, 01:02:45 am »

Sounds very similar to a program I was bought about 4 years ago called DNA Dancer. It looks as if the official website may have shut down but i found this on another site just so you can see if it bears any resembalance.

PAGE NAME

Shawn Rebelo

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2002, 08:03:11 am »

Looks pretty similar. I may take a look.

Any ways, it was new to me. Autechre just introduced it to me in an exhilarating way. They way used it and how it is done just blew me away.

I think if a visualization (probably a plug-in?)for MEDIA JUKEBOX like this was availible. You had the ability to pretty much do what the current Visualization Studio does to something like this.

1. I think people would be there for hours playing with it.
2. Would make awesome eye candy for parties and such. Of any magnitude.

I am sure it is a 'very' complicated process and am not getting any hopes up. But it would really be nice.

PeterS

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2002, 08:18:02 am »

Shawn,
It sounds fascinating. Get in touch when you're back in town so we can take a butcher's.
Cheers,
PeterS

Ton-Up

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2002, 09:43:58 am »

The DNA Dancer program produced some amazing visuals mainly due to the fact it was based on actual natural science. You started with a base of 16 strands of DNA and then by cross pollinating the various strands you could produce unlimited mutations. Coooool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up