INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing flac works with "Import Folder" but not with Auto-Import  (Read 917 times)

mirdle

• World Citizen

I've installed the latest FLAC decoder. I've selected the FLAC file type both under the "Import Folder" dialogue and within the Options->File Associations dialogue.

When I search a directory with the "Import Folder" dialogue, the FLAC files get registered in the library properly.

However, when I select "Run Auto-Import Now" FLAC files are ignored and not added to the library (I've checked within Documents as well).

This seems to be a bug, unless there is a file type selection option under the Auto-Import Options.  If so, I haven't found it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: importing flac works with "Import Folder" but not with Auto-Import
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:33:52 pm »

If you do Tools -> Auto-Import Options, click on the Folder on the right, Select Edit Folder, Click  on Advanced: do you see FLAC selected as one of the file types?

It may be that when you do Import Folder, the FLAC is selected in the data type but the auto-import options for the same folder may not have FLAC selected.

Osho

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 12:39:41 pm »

Auto-Import uses exactly the same folder selection dialog window that is used in the "Import Folder" tool. The only difference is that the folder selections are saved. Also the "Import Folder" window has a tick box for adding the folder to the Auto-Import folder list.

As Osho explained, you can click the Advanced button for changing the file type options. Probably FLAC is not enabled by default.

Also, make sure that you have installed the latest FLAC decoder plug-in (currently In_FLAC v2.1.3) from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161914.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mirdle

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 12:43:00 pm »

If you do Tools -> Auto-Import Options, click on the Folder on the right, Select Edit Folder, Click  on Advanced: do you see FLAC selected as one of the file types?

It may be that when you do Import Folder, the FLAC is selected in the data type but the auto-import options for the same folder may not have FLAC selected.

Osho

Thanks! That did it.  I didn't realize you could specify different file types for different folders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up