INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: missing folders  (Read 1054 times)

mikoli

missing folders
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:01:18 am »

Hi all,
I've just installed the trial version of JRiver Media Center 12.0.154.

Exemple: On my hard disk I have 6 AC/DC albums, that were imported using windows media player a long time ago. Everythng is tagged correctly. 
When I import my library into Media Center, in the menu "File-->Library-->Import Folder" (here I chose the partiton were my whole mp3 collection is), it just scanns ok, but
from my 6 AC/DC albums, only 1 is shown. I haven't checked now for other artists, but perhaps some albums were ignored too.
Can you give me some help, to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance.

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: missing folders
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 09:16:39 am »

The files probably got imported okay but with the / in AC/DC, it may not be where you are looking in MC. To find the songs, click on the Audio button and look to the right to make sure the top bar says Pane. If not, just click the down arrow and select Pane.

Make sure the details or files are displayed at the bottom. If not, you can have them displayed by dragging the splitter bar that has the 2 arrows on it up until you see the files. To ensure you see the details, right-click next to the Pane selection on the top bar and make sure Details is selected.

Now that everything should be displayed, find one of the albums that you think is missing and type part or all of the name in the Search box at the top right. Hopefully the album will be displayed in the details at the bottom. If so, now you can see why it may not have been displayed where you looked before by checking the tags. Just right-click a file(s) and right-click to select Tag or just press Alt+Enter.

Hope that helps.
Jeff

mikoli

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 11:35:23 am »

hello,
thank you for the help,
I did everything you said, but the albums and songs still reamain invisible. I will try to "retag" one album to see what happens: ac/dc --> acdc

kaos

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 02:07:57 am »

could you let us know if you get it to work,  i also have the same problum

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 02:59:05 am »

I just used the Auto-Importer for importing my seven AC/DC albums to a new test library. MC12 had no problems with importing and the files show correctly AC/DC as the artist.

Naturally the "/" character is only in the file tags, because it is not an allowed filename character in the Windows NTFS file system. I have my AC/DC disk files named like this:
X:\ACDC\Let There Be Rock\08 - Whole Lotta Rosie.mp3
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up