INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help: Getting file lock errors when updating cover art with 12.0.157  (Read 1134 times)

olarte

• World Citizen

I'm getting file locks at random when updating covert art. files are not shared on a network etc, and not in use...

This never happened on 11.x but is now happening on 12.0.157.

Is this due to the new first access file lock feature of 12.0.157? is there any way around this?

It's very frustrating as I cannot seem to update a lot of tags at a time, I have to do each album, and If one of the tracks is not updated I have to restart MC to update the track.

Also, MC 12.0.157 seems to be locking up at random, while 11.x never did on the same machine.

thanks in advance.

olarte

• World Citizen
Re: Help: Getting file lock errors when updating cover art with 12.0.157
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 08:06:10 pm »

BUMP...

I cannot seem to update cover art without crashing every once in a while... anyone else have this happen to them?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:08:19 am »

Do you have the auto-importer set to run in the background and update for external changes? I wonder if it can interfere the tag updating process in this case.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 02:07:36 am »

Do you run any desktop indexing program like Google Desktop? This might be the culprit.

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 04:58:35 pm »

Do you have the auto-importer set to run in the background and update for external changes? I wonder if it can interfere the tag updating process in this case.
Nope, all I'm trying to do is do a copy from clipboard and it works for a few cds then it will freeze and refuse to go further. Funny part is that it works fine and fast on 11.x
Pages: [1]   Go Up