INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem playing files from external music player via Sync windo  (Read 907 times)

jmx

• Recent member
Problem playing files from external music player via Sync windo
« on: January 30, 2007, 09:52:49 am »

Summary:
  Problem: MC reports "file not found" error when trying to play files on a usb-attached media player via the Sync window.
  MC Version: 12.0.154.
  platform : Win XP

My Creative MuVo was almost full, so I was trying to play tracks directly from it in order to decide which tracks to delete before I added new ones. (I didn't want to run a library scan on the device because I intended to remove it after the sync.)

All the MuVo files (and their tags) showed up correctly in the Sync window, but every time I tried to play one of those tracks, MC gave a "file not found" error. The message told me to check my "Media Library Path" and to make sure the Access control filter wasn't getting in the way.

(I don't have access to the actual system right now, so I can't recall the exact wording of the err message.)

I haven't turned on any Access control, so I'm guessing it's a problem with the pathname.

XP sees the MuVo as E: , but MC's sync window reports the paths of the files on the MuVo as as something like this:
  "Creative Device\Artist\Album" .

Is this a bug in MC? Or is there a configuration/option change I can make to get it to work?

thanks!
- jmx

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem playing files from external music player via Sync windo
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 01:09:09 pm »

MC can talk to a MuVo in two ways:

1) using WMDM (this allows protected WMA)
2) as a drive

We can't play off the device in mode #1 since we're don't have real files. (just WMDM objects)

You can configure this here if you don't need WMA DRM stuff:
Options > Handheld > Files & Paths > Use WMDM

You'll need to clear and re-sync your device if you switch the setting.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jmx

• Recent member
Re: Problem playing files from external music player via Sync windo
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:09:43 am »

Yup - that did it. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up