INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - schemes behavior wrong? or I 'm doing something not right?  (Read 1081 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hello,
If I uncheck "Show in Theater View" option for all view schemes (including the "big" button - Audio, Images, Video), the Theater View still shows the view scheme which is assigned to the "big" button.
Well the Theater View ALWAYS shows view schemes assigned to the big buttons.
Is this by disign? Doesn't look like a nice feature.

For example:
I disabled (unchecked "Show in Theater View" option) all view schemes but one called Personal (that shows personal photos but no album covers). I have "Populate Tree" unchecked for that view schemes. When I go to Theater View/Images, at the very top it shows a folder called "personal" and lists ALL images (including cover art) below it.

Can anyone comment on this?

One more question - I am really trying to like the Theater View but find it somewhat hard to use (if you compare it with, say, Media Portal). It definetely improved in MC12 but still gives me headaches when I use it.
Are there more changes/improvements coming in MC12 or it's more or less finalized? IMHO, Theater View is the only weak part of MC (I never tried TV though).

thanks!
max

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View - schemes behavior wrong? or I 'm doing something not right?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 07:19:57 am »

You can customize Theater View roots in Options > Theater View
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:24:05 pm »

Sorry Matt,
I don't see that option..
There's "Items to Show", but Audio, Images and Video are not editable..
?

You can customize Theater View roots in Options > Theater View

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 07:37:39 pm »

Well.. I guess it's by design... Strange though, why those top level schemes have an option "Show in Theater View" if they are shown there no matter what..

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 04:03:38 am »

Hello, If I uncheck "Show in Theater View" option for all view schemes (including the "big" button - Audio, Images, Video), the Theater View still shows the view scheme which is assigned to the "big" button.

I have been puzzled with that as well. I am trying to hide the view that is assigned to the "big button" in Theatre View as it is basically a sort of detailed view scheme that only makes sense in normal view. But i fail to hide that one, while it is no problem to hide any "Lower-hirarchy" view schemes below the "big button"

As to mxxsid' commetn on the general quality of theater view, I also think this is still the somewhat more "weakish" element of MC12 - which otherwise I simply love !!!

Still struggling with navigation logic and some control capabilities, ie. I thought the "All" grouping element would now become optional - but after it had been taken out in some earlier release version, it's now appeared back in the last couple release versions. I would still prefer an option to switch this on or off.

BB
Pages: [1]   Go Up