INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In MC11, Standard view remained accessible when fullscreen was enabled...  (Read 1201 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe

Hello,

Is there an option in MC 12 where you can leave standard view on even if display view is enabled?

I'm using a secondary monitor for control (in addition to Theater View and Displayview) and I really miss this..

gappie

well you can. right click on the display above playing now or underneath the tree. choose detach display.

raldo

That's true for Display View, but you can't do it for theater view.

It also seems to me that you have to do this every time you have restarted MC12 and it comes up without the display view enabled.

Is the following a bug? Select theater view. Then, from the start bar, select "restore" on the MC12 process. Theater view then pops up on my (small) monitor in a distorted fashion.

gappie

i can do it also from theaterview. but you need a mouse for that. and you have to do it every time when starting mc up or when you schwits from standard to theater view or vv.

a mcc command or shortcut to open display view would make things much easier when using two screens. i asked for it several times on this forum, but there is not so much interest in it.

i never did it that way. with restore. nice! i made a screen cap of it.

link : http://www.gappie.nl/fotos/tvbl.JPG

this is on a 1680 X 1050 monitor. (besides it is a 1050X1680 monitor though wich might explain the shape.)

glynor

• MC Beta Team

That's true for Display View, but you can't do it for theater view.

Theater View controls my Detached Display just fine.  Just detach the display after entering Theater View (right click on the "miniature" display window in Theater View and choose detach).

EDIT: You do need to have Options --> Theater View --> Behavior --> Jump on Play set to something other than Display View.  Either "none" or "Playing Now" will work.  Navigating to Display View will close the Detached Display (at least the one in the current zone).  That isn't an issue though because the maximized Detached Display is full-screen so there's no need for Display View if you're using it that way...

I really like the new detached display feature.  It's WAY more flexible than MC11 was.  You can have multiple detached displays on multiple external monitors (in different zones) all playing different things, but controlled from the same UI.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up