INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DB issues  (Read 656 times)

khaos10

DB issues
« on: August 30, 2002, 09:04:35 pm »

I reset up my PC and went with XP as a replacement for 2000.

I decided to re-rip and reinstall MJ and go with Normal APE as opposed to High this time, using digital secure, MAX speed, and I'm analyzing gain all the CDs after ripping.

First restore of license worked then weirdly 1 day later it said I wasn't registered and I had to restore again.

Ripping CDs with no problems, but when I go into the Media Library, many of the albums don't have the songs listed and I have to import them and many of the songs listed don't have a genre, only the drive letter they were ripped to listed as the genre. The missing songs that I import list the genre correctly. The whole DB seems messed up.

No viruses and scan disk found no problems with the HD I'm ripping to.

Advice?

khaos10

RE:DB issues
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2002, 07:59:15 am »

Being this is the only way to get support and this was on the 3rd page already with no replies, I'm bumping it up.

Should I reinstall? If I do, can someone make sure I have enough restores left since the original was having issues when your server was having issues when I first bought it. Someone please advise.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:DB issues
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2002, 08:04:47 am »

Usually when you don't get an answer it's because nobody knows and they wait for somebody else to answer.

In this case, I really don't know.

You can try copying your database files in the MJ program/data directory to a temp directory and then deleting the originals, and reimporting.

Sometimes these kinds of problems just turn out to be "operator errors".

License problem -- different user?

You can avoid multiple restores by right clicking on the install key and saving it as a file.  It's good for 14 days.  This is in the FAQ on licenses.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up