INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Archos 504 Rating Tag Not Updated  (Read 1391 times)

sirrahmit

• Recent member
  • Anthem
Archos 504 Rating Tag Not Updated
« on: January 30, 2007, 05:22:39 pm »

I looked all over for a similar topic to the rating tag issues and found several topics, but none that helped me, so I'm starting a new thread.  Hope that's OK.
I just got a 160 GB Archos 504 for Christmas and now have all of my music on one handheld device.  I LOVE it!  Unfortunately, the rating field is not transfering over to the Archos.
I use Media Center 12.0.157 that I just upgraded from the latest version of MC 11 (hoping that would fix my problem).
I am definately saving the Rating information in the Tag and have done an update of the tags for all of the files in my MC library (Update Tags (from Library)).
It took me over a year to rate all these files, so I'd realy like to use that field on my Archos.

I tired copying the MP3's directly to the Archos using the same file structure that's on my PC hard drive.  When the ratings were not showing up on the Archos, I deleted all the files on the Archos and used the MC Sync option.  A much different file structure resulted on the Archos, but Still no ratings.

I also notice when I open one of my MC MP3's in Windows Media Player (I have version 9), the rating doesn't show up there either.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Archos 504 Rating Tag Not Updated
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 02:35:38 pm »

In build 159 and later:
NEW: Rating is supported for WMDM devices. (if the device supports it)

I'm not certain if the Archos is WMDM, but if it is, hopefully this will do the trick.  Let us know what you find once the build is available in a few days.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sirrahmit

• Recent member
  • Anthem
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 05:26:54 pm »

Thanks Matt!  I'll give it a try when it's available and post the results...

sirrahmit

• Recent member
  • Anthem
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 12:26:43 pm »

I tried the new version of Media Center (12.0.164), but still don't get ratings when I play the file on my Archos 504 OR when I play the file with Windows Media Player (Version 9)
I tried to look at the file contents to see if I could find the rating tag but was not able to find it embeded anywhere.  I could find tags like Intensity, Replay Gain, Peak Level, etc., but nothing about Rating.

Is there an easy way to view these tags?  I saw in other posts where people pasted in what looked like tag properties, but I haven't been able to figure out how they did that.

I checked to make sure the Rating field is being written to the file in the Options - Library section and it is set to 'Store in File Tags (when possible).'

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

sirrahmit

• Recent member
  • Anthem
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 01:28:56 pm »

Tim S. From Archos Technical Support replied:  'The 504 does support WMDM.'

Are you guys using the POPM field for the rating information?  If so, it does not look like the field is getting updated when I open the file in TextPad as Binary.  Data is the same before and after I make changes to the rating tag in MeciaCenter 12.0.164.

Still a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up