INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dee2 - new DSP sound enhancement plug-in  (Read 1674 times)

dsp_dee

Dee2 - new DSP sound enhancement plug-in
« on: August 30, 2002, 04:50:13 pm »

Hello

I've just released Dee2 DSP plug-in for MJ. Tested with MJ8, installs/works/uninstalls fine.

Features: Dynamic bass boost, Presence effect, Dynamic treble boost, Noise reduction, Treble recovery (lost by mp3 compression), 3d boost, reverb, automatic gain control, limiter, presets, skins, no spyware ;)

OK, here's the link: http://dsp-dee.prv.pl (hey! "add url" etc... not working in opera browser :( )

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Dee2 - new DSP sound enhancement plug-in
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2002, 05:11:06 pm »

Cool.
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2002, 05:21:26 pm »

Dee,
Welcome!  And thanks for thinking of MJ.

.pl is Poland?

We're happy to have your help.  Hope it's good for you.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

dsp_dee

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2002, 02:18:23 am »

Yes, .pl is Poland and I come from Poland.

sekim

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2002, 04:00:36 am »

Any way to keep this out of my system tray? I do not like anything that goes there without me putting it there.

DonM

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2002, 05:18:22 am »

dsp_dee

I agree with machinehead, there needs to be an option to keep this out of the system tray. Also, I noticed that if I switch over to DFX or DSP MJ the Dee2 icon remains in the system tray. Not Good!

Additionally, I notice in another thread that Dee2 has no time limit. What is the difference between this one and a registered version?

dsp_dee

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2002, 05:14:47 am »

In unregged version sometimes web browser with Dee2 website is launched |PLS| "Please register MessageBox". No time limit for sound processing. That's all. You register if you like this plug-in.

In next version I'll add "config" when you'll be able to enable/disable systray icon. I also think about dfx emulation ;) Just need to make presets converter and make similar to dfx reverb.

sekim

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2002, 06:02:33 am »

dsp_dee,

Your plug-in has nice sound effects and all. I like it, aside from the systray deal, but it has the same thing happening that DFX does. A small click or pop of music from a previous played song. I don't know if you have read the DFX Artifacts thread I posted a while back, but you can catch up there. MJ needs plug-ins written specifically for it to prevent this noise. At least I think that's what it is. Possibility for you to do this?

Galley

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2002, 06:41:31 am »

The Add URL and other links don't work in Mozilla 1.1, either. :-(

dsp_dee

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2002, 01:18:42 pm »

MachineHead: there are some problems with that because of the limitations of Winamp2 DSP plug-ins interface (which is currently used by Dee2 for MJ). There aren't any functions that are called when new track begins and flushing the reverb buffers etc is not simple.

I'll try to convert Dee2 to native MJ DSP interface, I see there is a flush() function, I hope it is called on each track begin. For other players (like Winamp) it will be harder...

I submitted Dee2 to official MJ plugins page, you can download from it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2002, 03:24:03 pm »

Thanks Dee!

And please convert to a native MJ DSP plugin.  It'll provide a lot smoother integration and give you access to 32-bit data.

If you need any help making the transition, either visit the developer's forum, or email me: matt @ jriver.com

Take care and thanks again.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up