INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming Issues  (Read 1935 times)

daveg

• World Citizen
Streaming Issues
« on: January 05, 2007, 07:10:24 pm »

The newest release 12.0.139 seems to have problems with steaming audio.
The following stream cannot be paused anymore mms://loki.canadacast.ca/chum/cfra-alt.wmv
It could be paused in the previous release.
Also any streaming windows media that plays for a long period of time seems to get "stuck"
Cannot play real files as well... for example http://radio.sportingnews.com/listenlive/listenlive_real.ram
Where do I find the previous release. I seem to have deleted mine.

daveg

• World Citizen
Re: Streaming Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 06:44:11 pm »

If there are no suggestions, is there anyway I can get the v130 from someone. This was very stable  for me. The current release brings up all kind of streaming issues.

jimn

• World Citizen
  • You are getting sleepy...very sleepy...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 02:40:58 pm »

Hi Dave,

So when you press the pause button, the wmv stream just keeps on playing? I haven't been able to reproduce this.

MC does seem to be having a problem with the particlar ram you listed--we're looking into that--other ram files I try play normally.

JimN

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 07:35:16 am »

After a few days of tinkering, I seem to have figured out what causes the stream to keep playing.

Under the Directshow playback options if you turn on the "Use Windows Media Player engine for video playback when possible" option. You cannot pause the noted stream.  Strange, since it is an audio stream.

Hi Dave,

So when you press the pause button, the wmv stream just keeps on playing? I haven't been able to reproduce this.

MC does seem to be having a problem with the particlar ram you listed--we're looking into that--other ram files I try play normally.

JimN

jimn

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 12:43:13 pm »

It's actually a video stream with no video, i.e. the audio portion of a video stream. Glad you could figure out what was happening.

JimN

michaelb

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 10:50:11 am »

The newest release 12.0.139 seems to have problems with steaming audio.
Also any streaming windows media that plays for a long period of time seems to get "stuck"

I am also having this problem. About every 2 hours the stream (an asf file type) sounds like a stuck record and repeats a word over and over. I have to stop it and restart the stream. I did not have this problem with Version 11 and 12.0.139 is the first Version 12 that I have used. The output mode I am using is DirectShow and I have not selected or changed any DirectShow Playback Options.

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 04:55:21 pm »

It happens on all stream types for me. Usually after 2 hours but sometimes after a few minutes...but no stream will play for more than 4 or 5 hours. I had no issues with previous versions. i think after v 130 things got screwey

I also remember reading in another thread about being able to save a stream after listening to it for a while. Any news on that feature.

jimn

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 01:57:33 pm »

I also remember reading in another thread about being able to save a stream after listening to it for a while. Any news on that feature.

(Currently) You can't save a stream, go through the scheduler from the start. To be able listen to a live stream than right click and open the scheduler is a natural enhancement, and is still in the works.

I will try to reproduce the bug about the stream flaking out after long periods of time.

JimN

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 11:49:44 am »

Has there been any progress on fixing the streams getting stuck.  I have tried to reproduce it myself, but sometimes the stream goes after a few minutes, sometimes after a few hours.
One thing I have noticed is that the steam buffer usually stops after about 30-40 minutes, while the live stream just passes that time and keeps playing. maybe this is part of the issue.

(Currently) You can't save a stream, go through the scheduler from the start. To be able listen to a live stream than right click and open the scheduler is a natural enhancement, and is still in the works.

I will try to reproduce the bug about the stream flaking out after long periods of time.

JimN

jimn

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 02:31:43 pm »

I tried, but couldn't reproduce the error. I let it play for about 2.5 hours.
JimN
Pages: [1]   Go Up