INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Clear Playing Now button...  (Read 1041 times)

hakuin

• World Citizen
  • Old pond, leap-splash-a frog.
Feature Request: Clear Playing Now button...
« on: February 02, 2007, 04:54:38 pm »

Hi,

I may be missing some existing feature, but I frequently find myself needing a Clear Playing Now button that I can add to the top/bottom toolbar.  The situation is usually when I have selected a bunch of tracks in the library, and then want to clear Playing Now and add them (I don't have the double-click to clear playing now enabled).  If I right click on Playing Now, I can choose Clear Playing Now, but then I have lost my selections in the library window.  A Clear Playing Now button would solve this problem.

Lee

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Clear Playing Now button...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 05:04:03 pm »

I support this request and have asked for it in the past.

In addition to hakuin's application, I would find it very useful when editing tags because I frequently play the track to check quality when entering tags.

When a track is playing it is highlighted which makes it more difficult to edit the tags so I would like a quick way to clear playing now.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 05:42:06 pm »

If you pick files, right-click, and pick "Play", the new files will replace what's in Playing Now.

Does that help at all?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

hakuin

• World Citizen
  • Old pond, leap-splash-a frog.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 06:30:19 pm »

I guess that would do the same thing, but if you don't actually want to start playing the music, it still has the extra step of having to stop the play.

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 08:35:10 am »

This would be helpful, or at least let us be able to put the function on the toolbar.

Yesterday I took the time to show my 10 year old how to use Media Center. She had only used websites before so wasn't too clear on right-clicking and especially the difference between Play and Add to Playing Now. She eventually got something working because I checked later and she was listening to songs and there was more than one in Playing Now. But she really didn't grasp the Clear Playing Now and how to do it. I'll have to check her computer tonight but I bet she never did clear Playing Now unless she "accidentally" did a Play.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up