INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Browser & Wrong Genre on Import  (Read 1370 times)

VOLFAN

• Recent member
Library Browser & Wrong Genre on Import
« on: March 16, 2007, 11:13:47 am »

I've searched here and the wiki with no luck.  Thanks in advance for the help.

After importing my collection, several Artists / Albums are listed with the wrong Genre.  I notice this in Library Browser view.  Does having my files marked as "Read Only" prevent MC from importing the correct tag / genre and then makes a "best guess" as to the genre?  What is the fasted method to correct?

Also, I have "Update Library For External File Changes" checked in the Import Media menu.

Thanks,
Jim
<><

VOLFAN

• Recent member
Re: Library Browser & Wrong Genre on Import
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:21:24 am »

Bump...
Anyone?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Browser & Wrong Genre on Import
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 03:18:35 pm »

I Will Try Not To Make Your Eyes Roll in Back Of Your Head Or Make You Fall A Sleep As You Read This.

It Depends On What Tags You Have The Genre Saved In (Id3v1, id3v1.1, Id3v2, Other Tagging Systems).

CDDB DLL's Uses A Set Of Genres That Can Not Be Changed (Maybe The Program that Uses CDDB Can But The DLL's Have A Set Of Like 170 Fixed Genres) When Saved To the File Using The CDDb DLL's They Only Update The Id3v2 Fields. Some Programs Use There Own Id3 tagging DLL's And Not The Ones Built Into the CDDB Supplied Dll's

Also Not All programs Have Used The Standard ID3 tags (Like Music Match)

So It Is A but Hard To Answer Since We Do Not Know Where you Got the Files, Where They Were Ripped From, what was Used etc..

There May Be Some Tags That Were Saved With Old Tagging Systems (Again Music Match) They May Not Show Up Using MC Or Other Music Programs.

It May All Depend On What File Format Your Using, Not All Of Them Use ID3 Tagging.

But If You Rip The Files With MC And Save The Genre With MC Everything Should Be OK.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up