INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Media Video Settings  (Read 1672 times)

daveg

• World Citizen
Windows Media Video Settings
« on: February 06, 2007, 01:30:59 pm »

I have been trying for about a month now to get the Brightness/contrast to work with the following stream.

mms://a1503.l1086932070.c10869.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1503/10869/v0001/reflector:32070?ct1=mlb

I have tried playing around with ffdshow and other codec packs with no success, as well as searching this forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to get rid of vlc player and WMP completely

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Windows Media Video Settings
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 07:13:37 pm »

Right-click video window while playing the stream, select "Video Playback Settings...". You should be able to adjust brightness etc.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:39:36 pm »

Those settings are inactive and I cannot change them, no matter what I try..

Right-click video window while playing the stream, select "Video Playback Settings...". You should be able to adjust brightness etc.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 07:58:03 pm »

It works for me  :)

Right-click and choose DirectShow Filters, what do you see there? You should have "Video Mixing Renderer 9". That is the default video renderer. If that is not the renderer in use, and it is not Legacy Video Renderer, you may not be able to make video adjustment. Legacy Video renderer and VMR9 offer video control while VMR7 does not.

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 08:21:56 am »

When I right click I have listed, my sound card, Video Mixing Renderer 9, a few that are greyed out and
Windows Media Source Filter.

Do you have any directshow filters set, or have the "Use windows media player engine for playback when possible" checked?

It works for me  :)

Right-click and choose DirectShow Filters, what do you see there? You should have "Video Mixing Renderer 9". That is the default video renderer. If that is not the renderer in use, and it is not Legacy Video Renderer, you may not be able to make video adjustment. Legacy Video renderer and VMR9 offer video control while VMR7 does not.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:00:57 am »

When I right click I have listed, my sound card, Video Mixing Renderer 9, a few that are greyed out and
Windows Media Source Filter.

Do you have any directshow filters set, or have the "Use windows media player engine for playback when possible" checked?

For streams like this, there is no file type info (no extension). Therefore there is not a way to select filters.

It is odd to have such a problem since you are using VMR9. Choose "Video Mixing Renderer 9" from the DirectShow Filters list, you should get the property pages of VMR9. Choose "Proc Amp" tab, you should be able to do video control there. If the controls are not available there, I would think something is wrong with your DirectX installation. Reinstalling DirectX 9 may help.

EDIT: Or you may need to update your video card driver.

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 07:35:05 am »

Thanks a lot for your help. After many hours of trying, I found a setting in ffdshow that will enable me to change the settings.

I do have another question(maybe for another thread..but..)

I am using Firefox. It has a plug in that allows embeded media to be automatically opened in the media player of your choice(MC12).
This feature does not seem to work with MC. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up