INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jump on play from theatre view?  (Read 1770 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
jump on play from theatre view?
« on: November 05, 2006, 11:38:36 am »

in theatre view options I have set jump on play to "display view" but it's always jumping to standard view.

why would that be?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: jump on play from theatre view?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 05:20:55 am »

This I believe is a bug that was introduced a couple of builds ago.

I've been logging it each build, so I hope to see it fixed soon.

Richard

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 10:06:30 am »

yep, I finally took the plunge and switched totally to v12, but was surprised to then find it doing this... just waiting for it to be fixed now :-)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 10:53:30 am »

Seeing the same thing here.   :(
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 09:05:42 am »

Has this been fixed yet?

I've just upgraded to v12 and have set "Jump on play" to "Display View (always)" - and this appears to do nothing at all - it remains in Standard View.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:38:53 am »

I've just upgraded to v12 and have set "Jump on play" to "Display View (always)" - and this appears to do nothing at all - it remains in Standard View.

This issue was specific to starting playback from Theater View, and yes, it works properly now.  There are two separate Jump On Play options for MC, one for starting playback from Standard View, and one from Theater View.

To change the behavior of Standard View, you need to change this option: Options --> General --> Behavior --> Jump On Play

To change the behavior of Theater View, you need to change this option: Options --> Theater View --> Behavior --> Jump On Play.

Another thing to check is to verify that you don't have your Full Screen settings set to something odd.  Change Options --> Playback --> Display Options --> Full Screen --> Monitor to Nearest Monitor.

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 09:45:30 am »

OK - thanks, didn't realise there was two places. That means i've tagged my problem onto the end of the wrong thread, sorry!

I have set "Options -> General -> Jump on play" to "Display View (always)" but nothing seems to happen when i start playing music....

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 09:54:39 am »

Assuming you've checked the Full Screen options I mentioned above, then the other thing I'd try would be to set the playback plugin to one of the defaults.  It could be that it's working, but the display plugin is crashing so it looks like nothing's changing.

Try this:

1. Start some music playing back.
2. Switch to Playing Now manually by choosing it from the tree.
3. Go to this menu: Player --> Display Options --> Set Display --> Visualizations --> Cycle All.  (Just to set it to something simple.)
4. Stop Playback.  Verify that Options --> General --> Behavior --> Jump on Play is set to Display View (always) and that the Display Options mentioned in my above post are set normally (Nearest Monitor and Desktop Resolution).
5. Start a MP3 or similar file playing back.  Don't use a file type not handled internally or by a DirectShow plugin, such as a M4A or M4P file.

That should give you Display View without a doubt.  Now, try setting the "Set Display" option back to what you were using before.  If this causes it to "stop working" then I think you have your culprit.

If it happens to be G-Force, there are some issues with G-Force and MC12, particularly with older builds of G-Force.  If so, post back and I can help with them (but update to the newest build of G-Force first).

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 10:44:01 am »

Apologies - have found that it's works perfectly using MC 'normally' the problem occurs when i use NetRemote (which i use to kick of playlists from a different PC.)

NetRemote still finds and plays everthing as it used to, but whatever screen MC is on (be it Standard or Theatre View) remains there and it doesn't jump to Display View as it used to.

I'm betting you'll say it's a NetRemote problem and they'll say it's a MC problem!!!

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 11:13:31 pm »

Just on the whole "Jump on Play" function for Theater View, would it be possible please to extend this a little so that the media type to be played controls how jump on play behaves - rather than it being a global setting for everything?

For example, when watching movies, I like MC to jump to Display View but for Music, I like it to do nothing.

Could this please be considered as a future enhancement?

Thankyou.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up